XP SP 2; SLOW Web Service

Larry Morris

I've been creating a windows application that communicates with a web
service. Prior to XP SP 2, things were pretty fast, but now calls that used
to be instant are taking 5-10 seconds.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi Larry,

Is the web service one that you have created or have access to? If so,
check to see if that service is performing at a decent speed. If it is an
external or 3rd party service try hitting it with your browser and see what
the response time is. If it is slow from the browser then it isn't your app
or development environment. Does this only occur on that particular service
or is it all services you call? Does this only occur when calling a service
on another server or do local web services act the same way? Once we know
this we'll be able to narrow things down and figure out where the
bottle-neck is. Good luck! Ken.