Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

verity

I am just so so happy, I've been fiddling around with my first web page
composed of HTML I've written myself & finally, I think I've cracked
it.

I may have made a slow start but all my previous coding experience is
coming back to me, oh, this is so good, i don't even think I care if my
business doesn't make much money, IMO this is a great 'hobby' for me.
Violet Verity Icarus

Sid Ismail

:
: I may have made a slow start but all my previous coding experience is
: coming back to me, oh, this is so good, i don't even think I care if my
: business doesn't make much money, IMO this is a great 'hobby' for me.
: Violet Verity Icarus
:

Congratulations!

Life is a grindstone. Whether you get ground down or polished depends
on what you are made of.

Sid

Disco Octopus

verity said:
I am just so so happy, I've been fiddling around with my first web page
composed of HTML I've written myself & finally, I think I've cracked
it.

I may have made a slow start but all my previous coding experience is
coming back to me, oh, this is so good, i don't even think I care if my
business doesn't make much money, IMO this is a great 'hobby' for me.
Violet Verity Icarus

Mazeltov!

dorayme

Sid Ismail said:
: I am just so so happy, I've been fiddling around with my first web page
: composed of HTML I've written myself & finally, I think I've cracked
: it.
:
: I may have made a slow start but all my previous coding experience is
: coming back to me, oh, this is so good, i don't even think I care if my
: business doesn't make much money, IMO this is a great 'hobby' for me.
: Violet Verity Icarus
:

Congratulations!

Life is a grindstone. Whether you get ground down or polished depends
on what you are made of.

Sid

That is good Sid, have not heard that one?

Paul Watt

verity said:
I am just so so happy, I've been fiddling around with my first web page
composed of HTML I've written myself & finally, I think I've cracked
it.

I may have made a slow start but all my previous coding experience is
coming back to me, oh, this is so good, i don't even think I care if my
business doesn't make much money, IMO this is a great 'hobby' for me.
Violet Verity Icarus

Beware, this way madness lies. Its too late for me but save yourself.

verity

Sid said:
: I am just so so happy, I've been fiddling around with my first web page
: composed of HTML I've written myself & finally, I think I've cracked
: it.
:
: I may have made a slow start but all my previous coding experience is
: coming back to me, oh, this is so good, i don't even think I care if my
: business doesn't make much money, IMO this is a great 'hobby' for me.
: Violet Verity Icarus
:

Congratulations!

Life is a grindstone. Whether you get ground down or polished depends
on what you are made of.

Sid

Great quote, did you make it up?
it's def. one to tell my kids. :)
They're def. diamonds.

verity

Paul said:
Beware, this way madness lies. Its too late for me but save yourself.

No, being married to my ex for 25+ years, *that* was madness, this, I
can live with :)

verity

oldwetdog said:
One like it is;

"Non illegitimus carborundum est" S. Clemons

Don't let the bastards wear you down.

Not heard that one before, I always think of Nil Desperandum
& Tempes Fugit, but I'm not a scholar. :)

oldwetdog

verity said:
Not heard that one before, I always think of Nil Desperandum
& Tempes Fugit, but I'm not a scholar. :)

me either

but now and then something 'scholar-like' catches my eye... :-/

oldwetdog

verity said:
No, being married to my ex for 25+ years, *that* was madness, this, I
can live with :)

I heard a rumor, that all coders are crazy ;-)

and those who are content with being crazy are the Elite, who are
content to sit in dark rooms and munch twinkies and swill coffee

not that I would know....

:)

verity

Neredbojias said:
It took you 25+ years to realize your mistake? Wow.

I didn't actually want to go out with him (or anyone). People who
haven't been manipulated don't understand the power of a Svengali
character.
Naivette people like I was, see the best in everyone & don't really
understand the World.

Stone walls do not a prison make, not iron bars a cage.
But I'm OK, I bounce & land on my feet whatever, because I always think
of people less fortunate & there certainly are enough of them in this
world.

verity

oldwetdog said:
I heard a rumor, that all coders are crazy ;-)

and those who are content with being crazy are the Elite, who are
content to sit in dark rooms and munch twinkies and swill coffee

not that I would know....

:)

That sounds like paradise, although I don't know what twinkies are, so
can I have Lady Grey & scones?

oldwetdog

verity said:
That sounds like paradise, although I don't know what twinkies are, so
can I have Lady Grey & scones?

Done deal :)

(I make an assumption that Lady Grey is Tea?)

Sid Ismail

: > Life is a grindstone. Whether you get ground down or polished depends
: > on what you are made of.
: >
: >
: > Sid
:
: Great quote, did you make it up?
: it's def. one to tell my kids. :)
: They're def. diamonds.

I pick them up from here and there... This one I love also:

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just
be happy. " - Guillaume Apollinaire, 1880-1918 French Poet

Sid

Sid Ismail

: >> Life is a grindstone. Whether you get ground down or polished depends
: >> on what you are made of.
: >>
: >>
: >> Sid
: >
: > Great quote, did you make it up?
: >
:
: Nope, L. Thomas Holdcraft

Thanks! Had the quote, but no attribution. :)

Sid

verity

Sid said:
: > Life is a grindstone. Whether you get ground down or polished depends
: > on what you are made of.
: >
: >
: > Sid
:
: Great quote, did you make it up?
: it's def. one to tell my kids. :)
: They're def. diamonds.

I pick them up from here and there... This one I love also:

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just
be happy. " - Guillaume Apollinaire, 1880-1918 French Poet

Sid

Wisdom indeed :)