New to the forum

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a biologist and about 3 years ago started to come across bioinformatic problems only resolvable by coding. I regret not studying coding earlier, I understand now how important it is and how useful in so many fields. Anyway, I've been solving some of the problems myself but often I find problems I can't solve with my limited knowledge of self-learnt coding. I hope I can post some of my problems here and that you can help me!
Jay

Reaction score
Hello and welcome! I worked for NASA for about a decade in ocean biology (ocean color, specifically), I'm very familiar with this situation. I worked with a great many "scientists who program." It took some effort, but I think of a few of them came around to considering code another valuable tool instead of a hoop they have to jump through for their science. I'd be happy to help! What languages are you working with?

Reaction score
Thanks, NASA and ocean biology! Amazing! For the past 4 years I've been self teaching bash, unix, python. Those usually help me with most of the issues I come across, but again, I'm new and still learning.

Reaction score
Python's great for science data, that's for sure. Welcome again! I look forward to helping out.

Ask a Question