New to the forum

Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Hi, I'm a biologist and about 3 years ago started to come across bioinformatic problems only resolvable by coding. I regret not studying coding earlier, I understand now how important it is and how useful in so many fields. Anyway, I've been solving some of the problems myself but often I find problems I can't solve with my limited knowledge of self-learnt coding. I hope I can post some of my problems here and that you can help me!
Jay

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
Hello and welcome! I worked for NASA for about a decade in ocean biology (ocean color, specifically), I'm very familiar with this situation. I worked with a great many "scientists who program." It took some effort, but I think of a few of them came around to considering code another valuable tool instead of a hoop they have to jump through for their science. I'd be happy to help! What languages are you working with?

Joined
Dec 14, 2021
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Thanks, NASA and ocean biology! Amazing! For the past 4 years I've been self teaching bash, unix, python. Those usually help me with most of the issues I come across, but again, I'm new and still learning.

Joined
Mar 3, 2021
Messages
240
Reaction score
30
Python's great for science data, that's for sure. Welcome again! I look forward to helping out.