z-order question

Loane Sharp

Hi there

In my aspx page there are three semitransparent controls superimposed on one
another: at the very back of the z-order (the background) is a Flash file;
in the middle ground there is an asp.net calendar control; and in the front
of the z-order (the foreground) there is an asp.net dropdownlist control.

I'm trying to use the z-order to achieve what in, say, PowerPoint I would
achieve by the "Send to back" and "Bring to front" commands.

First I tried to give each control a different index, but this didn't work.
Second, I put each control in a table and then gave each table (rather than
each control) a different z-index, but this didn't help either.

Do you have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
Best regards
Loane