15 seconds survey (literally) 1 radio button click. thx for your time

Toby A Inkster

Steve

| Steve wrote:
| > | Little contained the following:
| > |
| > out,

| > |
| > | And my degree in multidisciplinary design?
| >
| > roflmfao. i guess that's a more direct statement than my smily face
| > response. mine is a bit more specific than fine arts. as far as i know
| > anyway, one attends a fine arts school...however, i've never known of a
| > major of, nor conference of, 'fine arts'.
| >

| What, am I understanding you correctly that there is no degree in Fine
| Arts? I hope there is for the money I spent! ;-) It is a BFA, of course
| we always a fun with substitution of the words in the initialism! One
| can get a BFA in painting, drawing, printmaking... or in the
| multidisciplinary area "General Fine Arts"...

and now i know. ;^)

cheers

Steve

| Jonathan N. Little wrote:
| >
| > Guess that blows my fine arts degree too!
|
| Fine arts and graphic arts are 2 different things.

however both blow your theory that questions about aesthetics and marketing
are shots-in-the-dark in this news group...right out of the water. the other
oppinions you've expressed in this thread are equally ill-advised.

Steve

| Steve wrote:
| >
| > i suppose, by your logic,
| > graphic artists cannot be geeks.
|
| OK, poor choice of words on my part, but I'm not apologizing. And it
| doesn't change the fact that the OP posted off-topic for php and JS
| newsgroups. alt.design.graphics is still a more appropriate newsgroup
| for his type of query.

i couldn't care less if you appologized or not. you should, however, pay
attention to what you say as more often than not, you make yourself seem
illogical and insulting. consider the difference between:

'alt.design.graphics is still a more appropriate newsgroup for this type of
query.'

versus:

'You're asking the wrong people. Try alt.design.graphics'

the former is something of which i'm in complete agreement. the latter
suggestion is lost completely because one finds it hard to overlook the
first pompous assed comment to get to it. i would have let that go after my
first response to such an innane comment had your second remark not been
even more insulting:

'Um, asking a bunch of geeks which picture they like better is pretty
worthless.'

words mean something. make yours count as you intend them. so far, they've
only served in portraying you as an asshole - which i'm sure is not the
case.

ctiggerf

The bottom two are the best in my opinion. A suggestion though: on
the 3rd pic make the door of the house extend to the bottom of the
house, it looks weird otherwise. Also match the angle of the top of
the door with the angle of the bottom of the house.

Just my 2 pennies.

Jonathan N. Little

Bergamot said:
Fine arts and graphic arts are 2 different things.

Aesthetics are the same, just Graphic Artists focus on design for the
moment while Fine Artist focus on design for in perpetuity ;-)

Travis Newbury

words mean something. make yours count as you intend them. so far, they've
only served in portraying you as an asshole - which i'm sure is not the
case.

Man you are WAY to serious about all this....

Steve

| Bergamot wrote:
| > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
| >> Guess that blows my fine arts degree too!
| >
| > Fine arts and graphic arts are 2 different things.
| >

| Aesthetics are the same, just Graphic Artists focus on design for the
| moment while Fine Artist focus on design for in perpetuity ;-)

jonathan,

i think what bergamot was doing was projecting. what he really should have
said was, "i'm not a graphics guy and everyone else in alt.php is *just like
me*, so *we* haven't a clue...go try alt.graphics.design." so really, the
rest of his insults were more self-abasement. he doesn't get what aesthetics
are.

;^)

Steve

| > words mean something. make yours count as you intend them. so far,
they've
| > only served in portraying you as an asshole - which i'm sure is not the
| > case.
|
| Man you are WAY to serious about all this....

no, just mildly irritated. you should see me get a bit more disjointed. ;^)

Jonathan N. Little

Steve said:
| Bergamot wrote:
| > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
| >> Guess that blows my fine arts degree too!
| >
| > Fine arts and graphic arts are 2 different things.
| >

| Aesthetics are the same, just Graphic Artists focus on design for the
| moment while Fine Artist focus on design for in perpetuity ;-)

jonathan,

i think what bergamot was doing was projecting. what he really should have
said was, "i'm not a graphics guy and everyone else in alt.php is *just like
me*, so *we* haven't a clue...go try alt.graphics.design." so really, the
rest of his insults were more self-abasement. he doesn't get what aesthetics
are.

;^)
I'm not really upset, just having fun! There is a long rivalry between
Fine Arts and Graphic Arts...

Bergamot

Steve said:
the rest of his insults

Do you have such a fragile ego that you were actually insulted by
anything I said? If so, I suggest developing a little thicker skin.

Steve

| Steve wrote:
| >
| > the rest of his insults
|
| Do you have such a fragile ego that you were actually insulted by
| anything I said? If so, I suggest developing a little thicker skin.

psychology wasn't a field of your collegeate interest either, i see.
contrary to how you portray it, the more in touch one is with one's ego, the
more perceptible insults become. the ego is the assimilation of what is
deemed normanative (behaviour, believe systems, cultures, etc.). were my ego
fragile, you should expect to see over-reaction or irrational responses...to
just about every stimuli. as it is, i recognize what you've said as
insulting...and as a response, have merely pointed out to you what it is
that i see as the insult and caution you that, though it is really not a big
deal to me, your word choices are at the deep end of poor.

now had you more a sense of ego, you'd understand that you could be
perceived as being insulting. it is far worse to be absent mindedly
insulting than to have the intent coupled with delivery. had you more sense
of propriety, you'd actually care about being insulting: whether
deliberately or mistakenly.

as for your suggestions...do you really think i'd take anything you say
seriously? don't worry about my skin's thickness. pay more attention to the
silly things you say. i automatically start filtering bullshit when someone
starts shoveling it (ego at work, btw). so, i've not been but temporally and
casually engaged thus far anyway.

dorayme

"Steve said:
as for all my blathering, it is more in protest to some jerk-off saying that
developers (or any non-graphical artist) cannot discern what is
aesthetically pleasing

If you look back, Bergamot just said, quite reasonably, that
"You're asking the wrong people. Try alt.design.graphics" until
you came blundering in like a bull at a gate and caused all sorts
of reaction which you then fed off with your foul language,
offensive references and so on.

It was reasonable and mild and it was a remark which had a logic
sure to escape a tosser like you. It was about strengths and
weaknesses of various groups on certain topics, not about the
uselessness or supreme competence of these groups.

Steve

| In article <[email protected]>,
|
| > as for all my blathering, it is more in protest to some jerk-off saying
that
| > developers (or any non-graphical artist) cannot discern what is
| > aesthetically pleasing
|
| If you look back, Bergamot just said, quite reasonably, that
| "You're asking the wrong people. Try alt.design.graphics" until
| you came blundering in like a bull at a gate and caused all sorts
| of reaction which you then fed off with your foul language,
| offensive references and so on.

hmmm. i believe i only used the word 'bullshit'. as for offensive
references...what are they? i mean support yourself with a quote or
something. that would require you to read the thread - as you obviously
haven't.

| It was reasonable and mild and it was a remark which had a logic
| sure to escape a tosser like you. It was about strengths and
| weaknesses of various groups on certain topics, not about the
| uselessness or supreme competence of these groups.

and, i was 'mild' and quite 'reasonable' in my *joking* initial remark. i
only began charging 'in like a bull' on his response to the joke...the
offensive remark about geeks and uselessness. a 'tosser' like you, though,
probably didn't read the thread, otherwise you'd have seen the 'useless'
remark applied to alt.php in regards to graphics. that, or you just don't
comprehend english well.

dorayme

"Steve said:
| In article <[email protected]>,
|
| > as for all my blathering, it is more in protest to some jerk-off saying
that
| > developers (or any non-graphical artist) cannot discern what is
| > aesthetically pleasing
|
| If you look back, Bergamot just said, quite reasonably, that
| "You're asking the wrong people. Try alt.design.graphics" until
| you came blundering in like a bull at a gate and caused all sorts
| of reaction which you then fed off with your foul language,
| offensive references and so on.

hmmm. i believe i only used the word 'bullshit'. as for offensive
references...what are they? i mean support yourself with a quote

It's there above for you to see in what I quoted of you. Get a
grip and calm down.

You pose as someone to whom words are very important (want to bet
that I can support this?) yet you are none too careful in your
writing.

John

ctiggerf said:
The bottom two are the best in my opinion. A suggestion though: on
the 3rd pic make the door of the house extend to the bottom of the
house, it looks weird otherwise. Also match the angle of the top of
the door with the angle of the bottom of the house.

I liked the lower two best, myself, but I didn't vote for any of them
because I don't like any of them enough to encourage them to use it. None of
the structures depicted are particularly inviting; I wouldn't want to (rent
or) stay in any of them. ;-)

The roof is off-center on the two best ones, and the first one is having
trouble in these strong winds...

John Hosking

ctiggerf said:
The bottom two are the best in my opinion. A suggestion though: on
the 3rd pic make the door of the house extend to the bottom of the
house, it looks weird otherwise. Also match the angle of the top of
the door with the angle of the bottom of the house.

I liked the lower two best, myself, but I didn't vote for any of them
because I don't like any of them enough to encourage them to use it. None of
the structures depicted are particularly inviting; I wouldn't want to (rent
or) stay in any of them. ;-)

The roof is off-center on the two best ones, and the first one is having
trouble in these strong winds...

dimo414

I can't belive you're all bitching about this. If you want to answer
his survey, answer it. If not, let him post another message in
alt.design.graphics. Is it really worth getting all worked up about?

Jerry Stuckle

dimo414 said:
I can't belive you're all bitching about this. If you want to answer
his survey, answer it. If not, let him post another message in
alt.design.graphics. Is it really worth getting all worked up about?

You've obviously never been in a newsgroup where no one bitches about
this. Pretty soon there's so much garbage in the newsgroup you can't
find the good posts. And it effectively dies.

Try and find an on-topic post in alt.computer.consultants, for instance.
It used to be an excellent consulting group.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address