3rd party designers & gigs

Duende

While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:
neredbojias rebutted:

<checks webster's>
ex.pos.tu.la.tion n. an expostulating; earnest protest or remonstrance.

Phew. For a minute there I thought you were just making up these words :)

Just because neredbojias has a weird name does'nt mean he's dumb. :)

neredbojias

Without quill or qualm, Duende quothed:
While sitting in a puddle neredbojias scribbled in the mud:

Why did you count them?

The repetition, I guess. That's what I do in lieu of a sex life.

neredbojias

Without quill or qualm, rf quothed:
neredbojias rebutted:

<checks webster's>
ex.pos.tu.la.tion n. an expostulating; earnest protest or remonstrance.

Phew. For a minute there I thought you were just making up these words :)

I did and some guy put it in a book and disseminated it without my
permission. However, I suppose you could say it's a bit like getting
laid vicariously.

rf

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle neredbojias scribbled in the mud:

Why did you count them?

Perhaps because of the difference in directional emphasis between the word
"I" and other words like "you" and "they".

As in: "*I* want this" as against "what do *you* want?"

Extrapolate this into web design:

"I code my page like this because *I* like it."
as against
"I code my page like this because I have viewers and *they* might like it."

See the different direction? In this instance I [sic] think it is a case of

"*I* want usenet to work this way."

There is also the reverse of the "you" word as in "*You* should use usenet
the way *I* want it to be used."

<aside>
Of course the word "they" has other uses as well, as a catch all for what
*I* can not do. This is usually accompanied with the word "should" as in:

"*They* should make CSS easier to understand."

"*They* should make browsers all the same so *I* don't have to consider
cross browser compatibility."
Note that this one is a double whammy, it combines the mythical "they" with
the self centric "I".

"*They* should end world famine and ensure everybody has an above average
income" [didn't a certain ex US president say something like that once?]
</aside>

rf

neredbojias
Without quill or qualm, Duende quothed:

Yeahbut if I'm so smart why ain't I rich??

Nobody can remember how to spell your name so they can fill in the cheque
correctly?

rf

neredbojias countered:
Without quill or qualm, rf quothed: :)

I did and some guy put it in a book and disseminated it without my
permission. However, I suppose you could say it's a bit like getting
laid vicariously.

I dunno about vicarious but these days getting laid is serendipitous.

Lauri Raittila

in said:
It is the HTML that matters in the end - not the editor used by you.

Some $30 programs are just as good, in someone's hands, as the $100 or
pricier ones are. Just find one that you find comfortable and enjoy
using. :)

And best stuff is often free. Apache, PHP...
Only thing that costs money when doing website is hosting...

Duende said:
[...]

More counting for neredbojias?

Wayne

Henry wrote:
I don't think that was funny. Computer should and will start by a voice
command.

In the same way I laugh when people are saying that web design should be
made in Notepad.

Yeah... I would add, use abacus as well and welcome into Flinstone era.

Install Linux and sped few days how to put video card driver or mount
floppy disk.

;)

Most users have had twenty years to learn MS commands.

You install Linux and then are not happy because you are not immediately
proficient?

Wayne

Mark said:
I installed Linux for my wife (who I most certainly don't hate), and she
loves it.
Ditto! I don't have to speed thousands of dollars to purchase software
either.

Toby Inkster

Wayne said:
Most users have had twenty years to learn MS commands.

You install Linux and then are not happy because you are not immediately
proficient?

My preferred analogy is the pencil.

Measuring from the moment you picked up your first pencil to the moment
you could write with "good" handwriting (whatever that is) and correct
spelling, how long did it take you to learn to use a pencil? Twelve years?
Perhaps longer?

A pencil is just a stick of graphite surrounded by a bit of wood. A
typical modern desktop computer is, shall we say, somewhat more
complicated.

Do you really expect to sit at a computer first time and understand how to
use it straight away? If so, then why the **** did it take you so long to
learn to use a pencil?

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Toby Inkster scribbled in the mud:
Measuring from the moment you picked up your first pencil to the moment
you could write with "good" handwriting (whatever that is) and correct
spelling, how long did it take you to learn to use a pencil? Twelve years?
Perhaps longer?

Must gave been about 4 when I first picked up a pincil. Still can't spell or
write good enough so anybody can figure out what I wrote. Guess I'm just a
slow learner.

neredbojias

Without quill or qualm, rf quothed:

<previous soliloquy>

I dare/defy you to say that verbally.

neredbojias

Without quill or qualm, rf quothed:
neredbojias

Nobody can remember how to spell your name so they can fill in the cheque
correctly?

I'd be happy to phone them at the happy moment. (Collect.)

neredbojias

Without quill or qualm, rf quothed:
neredbojias countered:

I dunno about vicarious but these days getting laid is serendipitous.

Actually, it just gives me shortness-of-breath and a deplorable feeling
of futility. If women want equal rights they should do more of the work.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle neredbojias scribbled in the mud:
Without quill or qualm, rf quothed:

I'd be happy to phone them at the happy moment. (Collect.)

But they would just hang up after hearing your name thinking it was a very
dirty word.