A Bit OT: Cheap Newsserver

Neredbojias

Anyone know of a cheap or free newsserver accessible to ispless hi-speed
connections?

Neredbojias

http://news.individual.net

10 euros a year. No binaries. Reliable. See headers.

Well, I ran into a little trouble with their methods of payment. Dunno how
the bank transfer thing works, and "Click and Buy" has provided patently
false solicitation information. I may go another route - have found a
fairly inexpensive domestic server; frugal byte limit but since I don't do
binaries, anyway...

Arne

http://www.datemas.de/news/

--
/Arne

*Appropå statistik*
Det är bevisat att födelsedagsfirande är hälsosamt.
Statistik visar att de som firar flest födelsedagar lever längst.
(S. den Hartog, Ph D. Thesis Universtity of Groningen)

Neredbojias

Can you be more specific?

Well, I went to news.individual.net and clicked on the "click and buy" logo
image placed there as a link for a payment method. The opening click-and-
buy screen stated unequivocally that there was no charge for either signing
-up or paying for items with the service. Come to find out, they are
trying to charge me a dollar for registering and there _is_ a per
transaction fee as well. In other words, they lied.

SpaceGirl

Well, I ran into a little trouble with their methods of payment. Dunno how
the bank transfer thing works, and "Click and Buy" has provided patently
false solicitation information. I may go another route - have found a
fairly inexpensive domestic server; frugal byte limit but since I don't do
binaries, anyway...

Works fine for me. Got a renewal notice by email last night, having
billed me another 10 euros. Shame I'm stuck with GG during the day!