Access Denied - Interdev 6

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by tmaster1, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. tmaster1

    tmaster1 Guest

    Pleas help -

    I am launching, for the first time, on a new laptop, Visual Interdev
    (version 6.0 SP5). In the "New Project" dialog box, I enter a new project
    name and click Open. The Project Wizard, Step 1 of 4 asks: What server do
    you want to use? I type in localhost, and, leaving Master mode selected, I
    click Next. A message pops up that says "Contacting Web Server", and then I
    immediately get an error dialog box: Server Error (Error code = 80070005).
    When I look on the web for error code 80070005, I see that it has something
    to do with Access Denied.

    What have I not set up properly?

    Thanks
    tmaster1, Oct 19, 2004

  2. tmaster1

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    What happens when you just point your browser to http://localhost ?

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Oct 19, 2004

  3. tmaster1 wrote:
    > Pleas help -
    >

    > I am launching, for the first time, on a new laptop, Visual Interdev
    > (version 6.0 SP5). In the "New Project" dialog box, I enter a new
    > project name and click Open. The Project Wizard, Step 1 of 4 asks:
    > What server do you want to use? I type in localhost, and, leaving
    > Master mode selected, I click Next. A message pops up that says
    > "Contacting Web Server", and then I immediately get an error dialog
    > box: Server Error (Error code = 80070005). When I look on the web for
    > error code 80070005, I see that it has something to do with Access
    > Denied.
    >

    > What have I not set up properly?

    Start here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=vid

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 19, 2004
  4. tmaster1

    tmaster1 Guest

    The page Default.htm is displayed (properly), which is the Default Document
    setting under Default Web Site Properties. I created the file just to see if
    IIS was running.

    tmaster1, Oct 23, 2004
  5. tmaster1

    tmaster1 Guest

    I just got a slightly different error:

    After the message that says "Contacting Web Server" is displayed, I got an
    error dialog box: Object Nit Found (Error code = 80070005). Note that the
    error number is the same, but the message is different.

    Any help is very much appreciated.

    tmaster1, Oct 23, 2004
  6. tmaster1

    tmaster1 Guest

    The page Default.htm is displayed (properly), which is the Default Document
    setting under Default Web Site Properties.

    So I tried deleting Default.htm and created Default.asp, which is the second
    default document setting. Now, I get HTTP 500 - Internal server error in
    Internet Explorer.

    tmaster1, Oct 23, 2004
  7. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    --