Access Denied - Interdev 6

tmaster1

Pleas help -

I am launching, for the first time, on a new laptop, Visual Interdev
(version 6.0 SP5). In the "New Project" dialog box, I enter a new project
name and click Open. The Project Wizard, Step 1 of 4 asks: What server do
you want to use? I type in localhost, and, leaving Master mode selected, I
click Next. A message pops up that says "Contacting Web Server", and then I
immediately get an error dialog box: Server Error (Error code = 80070005).
When I look on the web for error code 80070005, I see that it has something
to do with Access Denied.

What have I not set up properly?

Thanks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

tmaster1 said:
Pleas help -

I am launching, for the first time, on a new laptop, Visual Interdev
(version 6.0 SP5). In the "New Project" dialog box, I enter a new
project name and click Open. The Project Wizard, Step 1 of 4 asks:
What server do you want to use? I type in localhost, and, leaving
Master mode selected, I click Next. A message pops up that says
"Contacting Web Server", and then I immediately get an error dialog
box: Server Error (Error code = 80070005). When I look on the web for
error code 80070005, I see that it has something to do with Access
Denied.

What have I not set up properly?
Start here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=vid

Bob Barrows

tmaster1

The page Default.htm is displayed (properly), which is the Default Document
setting under Default Web Site Properties. I created the file just to see if
IIS was running.

tmaster1

I just got a slightly different error:

After the message that says "Contacting Web Server" is displayed, I got an
error dialog box: Object Nit Found (Error code = 80070005). Note that the
error number is the same, but the message is different.

Any help is very much appreciated.

tmaster1

The page Default.htm is displayed (properly), which is the Default Document
setting under Default Web Site Properties.

So I tried deleting Default.htm and created Default.asp, which is the second
default document setting. Now, I get HTTP 500 - Internal server error in
Internet Explorer.