Active X control reference

Do

Hi:

I am using an MS Office Automation Active X control in my ASP.NET web
application.
I've added the reference and noticed that the .dll file gets
copied into the \bin folder. All my code works fine on my development
server.

However, when I copy everything to the production server
via the project copy of VS.net, it doesn't seem to work when
I try to run the exact same code.

Is this normal? Did I skip something?

Do

Alvin Bruney

ActiveX controls are com controls. They follow the same rules. The server
needs to know how to find these objects at run-time. So you must explicitly
register the components. Usually it will come in a setup package which you
install on the server, otherwise you can run regsvr32 component name on the
server. This will set up registry keys and prepare the machine to find and
call methods on the COM object.

Tommy

Did you install the MS Office Automation Active X control on the
production server? Have you tried manually registering the control?

Tommy,