    I try to run the exact same code.

    Is this normal? Did I skip something?

    Do

    Do, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Do

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    ActiveX controls are com controls. They follow the same rules. The server
    needs to know how to find these objects at run-time. So you must explicitly
    register the components. Usually it will come in a setup package which you
    install on the server, otherwise you can run regsvr32 component name on the
    server. This will set up registry keys and prepare the machine to find and
    call methods on the COM object.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney

    Alvin Bruney, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Do

    Tommy Guest

    Did you install the MS Office Automation Active X control on the
    production server? Have you tried manually registering the control?

    Tommy,

    Tommy, Nov 29, 2003