    pavia
    Can somebody help me with the code for an ADC? I just need an example...
    Thanks.

    lucianofalbo, Nov 5, 2008

  2. lucianofalbo

    jeppe

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Messages:
    348
    Location:
    Denmark
    jeppe, Nov 5, 2008

  3. lucianofalbo

    lucianofalbo

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2008
    Messages:
    22
    Location:
    pavia
    Thanks very much! I will look at the link and try to understand what to do!
    Bye
    Luciano

    lucianofalbo, Nov 6, 2008
  4. lucianofalbo

    lucianofalbo

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2008
    Messages:
    22
    Location:
    pavia
    last week i had not enough time to read accurately your documentation. I will do it in this week. Anyway please answer to this question:
    Is it possible using only an FPGA (I have a spartan3) to realize a DAC?And a ADC?
    Thanks

    lucianofalbo, Nov 9, 2008
  5. lucianofalbo

    jeppe

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Messages:
    348
    Location:
    Denmark
    Yes - Its possible to create a DAC with a FPGA, the digital output which modulated with PWM or PPM must however drive a buffer (OpAmp etc) and the perhaps will a simple analog filter be useful as well.

    With help from this DAC output (which you control) can you build an ADC by adding an analog comperator to the design. The output from the comperator must be feed back to the FPGA.
    The most efficent way to make a conversion will be the Succesiv Approximation algoritm.
    Hope this was useful
    Jeppe

    jeppe, Nov 10, 2008
  6. lucianofalbo

    lucianofalbo

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2008
    Messages:
    22
    Location:
    pavia
    I have read the block diagram for the PPM DAC in your link but there is something basic I don't understand. What is the digital value to be converted?Is it PCM? How can I obtain an analogic value using PPM that is a std_logic(in other words can you be more detailed talking about a "buffer")?
    I know it's fault of my digital/analog ignorance but I ask you if you can explain the DAC architecture using that block diagram, from the digital input to the analog output.
    Bye

    lucianofalbo, Nov 10, 2008
  7. lucianofalbo

    jeppe

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Messages:
    348
    Location:
    Denmark
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
    jeppe, Nov 10, 2008
  8. lucianofalbo

    lucianofalbo

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2008
    Messages:
    22
    Location:
    pavia
    Maybe I begin understanding something...then to make only a simple DAC I have to send the digital word that i want to convert to a PPM generator and send the PPM pulse to an analog low pass filter. Isn'it?
    Thanks

    lucianofalbo, Nov 11, 2008