advantage of C proramming under C

Keith Thompson

Robert S said:
what is the advantage of C programming under Unix Os?

Compared to what?

If you have questions about Unix programming, try comp.unix.programmer.

Jean-Claude Arbaut

Le 16/06/2005 00:35, dans [email protected], « Robert S »
Compare to windows? Using Borland C compiler or quincy IDE.

You may find something useful by googling "unix vs windows"
or "linux vs windows", I remember there are chapters
on that subject in Wikipedia. In the same vein, you'll
find in Wikipedia comparisons of languages or file systems.
But they are merely anecdotal, the choice really is up
to you: what kind of application, which customers, etc.

Richard Bos

Robert S said:
what is the advantage of C programming under Unix Os?

The same as the advantage of C programming under any other OS: it's the
bestest language, ever!!1!1!

Richard

john_bode

Robert said:
Hello,

what is the advantage of C programming under Unix Os?

Given that Unix is mostly implemented in C, most of the system
internals look a lot like regular C library calls (same naming
conventions, data types, etc.). I remember having to call some VMS
internals from C, and that required a bit of translation from C data
types to native VMS structures (I remember having to set up a lot of
descriptors). Similarly, the bindings between other languages and the
Unix internals isn't so seamless.