Agile Maryland codefest - Ruby on Rails

twifkak

Bunch of newbs will be attempting to learn Rails. If you're in the area, feel free to school them.

(1. It's too far for me. 2. I'm not really learnèd in the ways of the Rails.)

Stolen with out permission from the XpWdc mailing list:

Several of us want to both hone our skills at Agile Development as well
as learn the technology of Ruby on Rails. So, we're starting a code
project to accomplish these goals, and we'd love to have you join us.
See http://agilemaryland.org/moin/CodeProject for for more details on
the project, itself.

We're planning to meet Monday, August 1, starting at 7:00 PM at Panera
Bread, Dobbin Center, Columbia MD. (NOTE: This is NOT the one at the
Columbia Mall.) Don't worry if you're running late, we'd still like you
to join us. Jeff will monitor for cell calls at 240-671-9368.

See http://www.panerabread.com/Map.aspx?LocationId=636 or
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Paner...324&spn=0.082526,0.139432&num=2&start=0&hl=en
(http://tinyurl.com/dloua) for a location map and directions. (Oops, it
looks like Panera's website directions are broken right now.) BTW, one
reason we chose this location is that Panera offers free Wi-Fi access.

-- George

When I remember bygone days George Dinwiddie
I think how evening follows morn; iDIA Computing, LLC
So many I loved were not yet dead, gdinwiddie@i...
So many I love were not yet born. http://www.idiacomputing.com
'The Middle' by Ogden Nash http://www.agilemaryland.org

Jeff Waltzer

------=_Part_16604_28481197.1122507054165

I'm one of the folks trying to organize this. Just wanted to clear any=20
possible misperception. Personally I've only watched the videos, run thru=
=20
the 'tutorials' and skimmed thru the *Agile Web Development with
Rails*<http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/>book. Anybody
that wants to learn Rails and Ruby is more then welcome to
come.

=20
Bunch of newbs will be attempting to learn Rails. If you're in the area,= =20
feel free to school them.
=20
(1. It's too far for me. 2. I'm not really learn=E8d in the ways of the= =20
Rails.)
=20
--- In (e-mail address removed), George Dinwiddie <programminglists@a...>=20
wrote:
Several of us want to both hone our skills at Agile Development as well
as learn the technology of Ruby on Rails. So, we're starting a code
project to accomplish these goals, and we'd love to have you join us.
See http://agilemaryland.org/moin/CodeProject for for more details on
the project, itself.
=20
We're planning to meet Monday, August 1, starting at 7:00 PM at Panera
Bread, Dobbin Center, Columbia MD. (NOTE: This is NOT the one at the
Columbia Mall.) Don't worry if you're running late, we'd still like you
to join us. Jeff will monitor for cell calls at 240-671-9368.
=20
See http://www.panerabread.com/Map.aspx?LocationId=3D636 or
=20
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=3DPanera+Bread,+Dobbin+Rd.,+Columbia+MD&ll= =3D39.198072,-76.819324&spn=3D0.082526,0.139432&num=3D2&start=3D0&hl=3Den
(http://tinyurl.com/dloua) for a location map and directions. (Oops, it
looks like Panera's website directions are broken right now.) BTW, one
reason we chose this location is that Panera offers free Wi-Fi access.
=20
-- George
=20
When I remember bygone days George Dinwiddie
I think how evening follows morn; iDIA Computing, LLC
So many I loved were not yet dead, gdinwiddie@i...
So many I love were not yet born. http://www.idiacomputing.com
'The Middle' by Ogden Nash http://www.agilemaryland.org

--=20
It is the duty of a patriot to protect his country from its government"
-Thomas Paine
Blog: http://superwombat.blogspot.com
Bookmarks: http://del.icio.us/jeffwaltzer

------=_Part_16604_28481197.1122507054165--