[ANN] Calgary Ruby Users Society (CRUSERS)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Alexey Verkhovsky, Feb 23, 2006.

  1. Calgary Ruby Users Society (otherwise known as Association of Anonymous
    Java Programmers, Calgary branch) had it's first meeting today. After a
    round of introductions, we discussed our interests and brainstormed
    possible activities for the group. Paul Rogers did a presentation on
    Watir [http://wtr.rubyforge.org/]. Watir is not just a great tool, but
    also a way to sneak Ruby into your day job. ThoughtWorks Canada bought
    the donuts.

    From now on, we are planning to meet once a month, generally on the
    third Tuesday. Our next meeting will be in the second half of March
    (date TBD), most probably a joint meeting with CJUG (Calgary Java Users
    Group). The subject of the meeting will be Rails (but of course!)

    So, if you like Ruby and live in Calgary, you are most welcome to join us.
    Please subscribe to CRUSERS Yahoo Group:
    And once you subscribe, consider posting an introductory message,
    describing your programming background, how do you use Ruby, and what
    would you like to do in CRUSERS.

    Best regards,
    Alex Verkhovsky

    Alexey Verkhovsky, Feb 23, 2006