[ANN] RCRchive -- new RCR home

David A. Black

Hello --

I'm pleased to announce that RCRchive, the new home for the RCR (Ruby
Change Request) process, is now up and running. You will find it at
<http://www.rcrchive.net>.

There's online help available, but let me just give you a "quick
start" guide here.

The pending RCRs are listed in reverse chronological order, and you
can browse through them. Each RCR has a Wiki page, to which you can
add comments. To add comments, or to vote on an RCR, you first have
to subscribe to RCRchive (which you can do from the top level).

If you want to submit an RCR, you also have to subscribe. The
submission process on RCRchive is based on the process Matz outlined
at RubyConf 2003. There's detailed information about the process at
RCRchive.

Most of what's currently on the site is imported from the Ruby Garden
RCR site. The imported RCRs do not follow the format outlined by
Matz. However, you can still read and comment and vote on them; just
keep in mind that new RCRs need to follow the new format, as reflected
in the submission form.

Certain features are yet to come, most notably some kind of search
capability and an RSS feed.

See the site for more information, and please let me know if you have
questions or problems.

David

T. Onoma

Hello --

I'm pleased to announce that RCRchive, the new home for the RCR (Ruby
Change Request) process, is now up and running. You will find it at
<http://www.rcrchive.net>.

Looks great David. I am pleasently surprised, it's a bit more features full
then I expected. Kudos.