[ANN] Silicon Valley Ruby Conference

dblack

Hi everybody --

I'm pleased to announce that Ruby Central, Inc. and SDForum are
teaming up to present:

The Silicon Valley Ruby Conference
April 22-23, 2006

Registration is not yet open; however, you can get preliminary
information about the conference at:
<http://www.sdforum.org/rubyconference>. Stay tuned for cost and
registration info.

Also, if you are interested in giving a presentation at the
conference, you can submit a proposal. Follow the link on the
conference page to the proposal form.

For more information on the conference's parent organizations, see:
<http://www.rubycentral.org> and <http://www.sdforum.org>.

David

--
David A. Black
(e-mail address removed)

"Ruby for Rails", from Manning Publications, coming May 1, 2006!
http://www.manning.com/books/black

James Edward Gray II

Hi everybody --

I'm pleased to announce that Ruby Central, Inc. and SDForum are
teaming up to present:

The Silicon Valley Ruby Conference
April 22-23, 2006

Can you tell us David:

1. Are other Ruby Conferences planned for this year?

2. If so, would they likely be in different geographic locations?

Thanks.

James Edward Gray II

dblack

Hi --

Can you tell us David:

1. Are other Ruby Conferences planned for this year?

There's RubyConf :) And RailsConf.
2. If so, would they likely be in different geographic locations?

RubyConf will be somewhere in the middle two U.S. time zones, and
RailsConf will be in Chicago in June (http://www.railsconf.org).

The Silicon Valley conference is a sort of "regional-plus" event.
SDForum is interested in developing the local/regional Ruby and Rails
development communities; they invited Ruby Central to get involved in
order to expand the wider representation in speakers and attendees.

David

--
David A. Black
(e-mail address removed)

"Ruby for Rails", from Manning Publications, coming May 1, 2006!
http://www.manning.com/books/black

James Edward Gray II

The Silicon Valley conference is a sort of "regional-plus" event.
SDForum is interested in developing the local/regional Ruby and Rails
development communities; they invited Ruby Central to get involved in
order to expand the wider representation in speakers and attendees.

Thanks for the details.

James Edward Gray II

Nathaniel S. H. Brown

Why the sudden partnership with SDForum?

-Nb

Nathaniel S. H. Brown http://nshb.net

[...]

We were asked whether we'd like to co-produce a conference, and we

David

On Jan 29, 2006, at 1:14 PM, (e-mail address removed) wrote:

[...]

James Britt

Hi --

We were asked whether we'd like to co-produce a conference, and we
said yes :)

From the conference page:

"Ruby also features built-in support for Ajax, which is the technology
that provides the revolutionary rich user experience behind Google Maps,
A9 and Writely."

Interesting. What version of Ruby are the SD people using?

James

--
James Britt

http://www.30secondrule.com - Building Better Tools

Adam Keys

"Ruby also features built-in support for Ajax, which is the
technology that provides the revolutionary rich user experience
behind Google Maps, A9 and Writely."

Interesting. What version of Ruby are the SD people using?

require 'buzzwords/ajax'

James Britt

Adam said:
require 'buzzwords/ajax'

Seems that way. People here know that there are multiple Ruby
frameworks with built-in Ajax support, but I get the sense the SD people
see Ruby as a potential buzzword bandwagon.