[ANN] Silicon Valley Ruby Conference

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by dblack@wobblini.net, Jan 29, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi everybody --

    I'm pleased to announce that Ruby Central, Inc. and SDForum are
    teaming up to present:

    The Silicon Valley Ruby Conference
    April 22-23, 2006

    Registration is not yet open; however, you can get preliminary
    information about the conference at:
    <http://www.sdforum.org/rubyconference>. Stay tuned for cost and
    registration info.

    Also, if you are interested in giving a presentation at the
    conference, you can submit a proposal. Follow the link on the
    conference page to the proposal form.

    For more information on the conference's parent organizations, see:
    <http://www.rubycentral.org> and <http://www.sdforum.org>.

    David

    --
    David A. Black

    "Ruby for Rails", from Manning Publications, coming May 1, 2006!
    http://www.manning.com/books/black
    , Jan 29, 2006

  2. On Jan 29, 2006, at 1:14 PM, wrote:

    > Hi everybody --
    >
    > I'm pleased to announce that Ruby Central, Inc. and SDForum are
    > teaming up to present:
    >

    > The Silicon Valley Ruby Conference
    > April 22-23, 2006

    Can you tell us David:

    1. Are other Ruby Conferences planned for this year?

    2. If so, would they likely be in different geographic locations?

    Thanks.

    James Edward Gray II
    James Edward Gray II, Jan 29, 2006

    Hi --

    On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, James Edward Gray II wrote:

    > On Jan 29, 2006, at 1:14 PM, wrote:
    >
    >> Hi everybody --
    >>
    >> I'm pleased to announce that Ruby Central, Inc. and SDForum are
    >> teaming up to present:
    >>

    >> The Silicon Valley Ruby Conference
    >> April 22-23, 2006

    > Can you tell us David:
    >
    > 1. Are other Ruby Conferences planned for this year?

    There's RubyConf :) And RailsConf.

    > 2. If so, would they likely be in different geographic locations?

    RubyConf will be somewhere in the middle two U.S. time zones, and
    RailsConf will be in Chicago in June (http://www.railsconf.org).

    The Silicon Valley conference is a sort of "regional-plus" event.
    SDForum is interested in developing the local/regional Ruby and Rails
    development communities; they invited Ruby Central to get involved in
    order to expand the wider representation in speakers and attendees.

    David

  4. On Jan 29, 2006, at 1:59 PM, wrote:

    > The Silicon Valley conference is a sort of "regional-plus" event.
    > SDForum is interested in developing the local/regional Ruby and Rails
    > development communities; they invited Ruby Central to get involved in
    > order to expand the wider representation in speakers and attendees.

    Thanks for the details.

    James Edward Gray II
    James Edward Gray II, Jan 29, 2006
  5. Why the sudden partnership with SDForum?

    -Nb

    Nathaniel S. H. Brown http://nshb.net

    Nathaniel S. H. Brown, Jan 29, 2006

    Hi --

    On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Nathaniel S. H. Brown wrote:

    > Why the sudden partnership with SDForum?

    We were asked whether we'd like to co-produce a conference, and we

    David

  7. James Britt Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi --
    >
    > On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Nathaniel S. H. Brown wrote:
    >
    >> Why the sudden partnership with SDForum?

    > We were asked whether we'd like to co-produce a conference, and we
    > said yes :)

    From the conference page:

    "Ruby also features built-in support for Ajax, which is the technology
    that provides the revolutionary rich user experience behind Google Maps,
    A9 and Writely."

    Interesting. What version of Ruby are the SD people using?

    James

    --
    James Britt

    http://www.30secondrule.com - Building Better Tools
    James Britt, Jan 29, 2006
  8. Adam Keys Guest

    On Jan 29, 2006, at 4:34 PM, James Britt wrote:
    > "Ruby also features built-in support for Ajax, which is the
    > technology that provides the revolutionary rich user experience
    > behind Google Maps, A9 and Writely."
    >

    > Interesting. What version of Ruby are the SD people using?

    require 'buzzwords/ajax'

    --
    ~akk
    http://therealadam.com
    Adam Keys, Jan 30, 2006
  9. James Britt Guest

    Adam Keys wrote:
    > On Jan 29, 2006, at 4:34 PM, James Britt wrote:
    >
    >> "Ruby also features built-in support for Ajax, which is the
    >> technology that provides the revolutionary rich user experience
    >> behind Google Maps, A9 and Writely."
    >>

    >> Interesting. What version of Ruby are the SD people using?

    > require 'buzzwords/ajax'

    Seems that way. People here know that there are multiple Ruby
    frameworks with built-in Ajax support, but I get the sense the SD people
    see Ruby as a potential buzzword bandwagon.

    --
    James Britt
    James Britt, Jan 30, 2006