    You can download the Free Edition now and read all about the
    TimingAnalyzer at:

    www.timing-diagrams.com

    timinganalyzer, Jun 30, 2008

  2. timinganalyzer

    mahesh Guest

    On Jun 29, 5:54 pm, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > A new version beta 0.85 is now available. The following changes and
    > additions have occurred.
    >
    > 1 Quickly add previously used Delays and Constraints from pop-up menu
    > 2 The current state is inverted automatically when adding new pulse if
    > the newstate in the
    > toolbar is the same as the current state in the signal.
    > 3 Keystroke shortcuts for all the signal state buttons in toolbar.
    > Hover over button to see keystrokes.
    > 4 Signals can now use text values for next state. This is useful when
    > labels are needed in digital signals.
    > 5 Moving text and edges by mouse drags now use undo and redo
    > 6 Should work with JRE1.5 or newer
    >
    > You can download the Free Edition now and read all about the
    > TimingAnalyzer at:
    >
    > www.timing-diagrams.com

    Hi,
    I tried to install it on Vista Basic.But facing difficulty in
    installing.I did install the JRE.when I run the timinganalyzer.jar exe
    file It pops me a message saying main class not found exiting !!
    Could u pls help me in fixing the problem ...ur help will be
    appreciated

    Thanks in advance,
    hesh

    mahesh, Jun 30, 2008

  3. timinganalyzer

    Nial Stewart Guest

    > Hi,
    > I tried to install it on Vista Basic.But facing difficulty in
    > installing.I did install the JRE.when I run the timinganalyzer.jar exe
    > file It pops me a message saying main class not found exiting !!
    > Could u pls help me in fixing the problem ...ur help will be
    > appreciated
    > Thanks in advance,
    > hesh

    I had this when trying a previous release with a version of the JRE
    that was to old. Dan say's he's changed things so it should work
    with JRE1.5 or later, it might be worth trying with JRE1.6?

    Dan?

    Nial

    Nial Stewart, Jun 30, 2008
  4. On Jun 29, 11:36 pm, mahesh <> wrote:
    > On Jun 29, 5:54 pm, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hello All,

    > > A new version beta 0.85 is now available. The following changes and
    > > additions have occurred.

    > > 1 Quickly add previously used Delays and Constraints from pop-up menu
    > > 2 The current state is inverted automatically when adding new pulse if
    > > the newstate in the
    > > toolbar is the same as the current state in the signal.
    > > 3 Keystroke shortcuts for all the signal state buttons in toolbar.
    > > Hover over button to see keystrokes.
    > > 4 Signals can now use text values for next state. This is useful when
    > > labels are needed in digital signals.
    > > 5 Moving text and edges by mouse drags now use undo and redo
    > > 6 Should work with JRE1.5 or newer

    > > You can download the Free Edition now and read all about the
    > > TimingAnalyzer at:

    > >www.timing-diagrams.com

    > Hi,
    > I tried to install it on Vista Basic.But facing difficulty in
    > installing.I did install the JRE.when I run the timinganalyzer.jar exe
    > file It pops me a message saying main class not found exiting !!
    > Could u pls help me in fixing the problem ...ur help will be
    > appreciated
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > hesh

    Can you tell what version of Java you are using? I have used beta
    0.85
    with JRE1.5.

    If you bring up a dos window, enter

    java -jar TimingAnalyzer.jar

    This will report the OS, Java version, ....

    Thanks, Dan

    timinganalyzer, Jun 30, 2008
  5. timinganalyzer

    mahesh Guest

    On Jun 30, 5:50 am, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    > On Jun 29, 11:36 pm, mahesh <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Jun 29, 5:54 pm, timinganalyzer <> wrote:

    > > > Hello All,

    > > > A new version beta 0.85 is now available. The following changes and
    > > > additions have occurred.

    > > > 1 Quickly add previously used Delays and Constraints from pop-up menu
    > > > 2 The current state is inverted automatically when adding new pulse if
    > > > the newstate in the
    > > > toolbar is the same as the current state in the signal.
    > > > 3 Keystroke shortcuts for all the signal state buttons in toolbar.
    > > > Hover over button to see keystrokes.
    > > > 4 Signals can now use text values for next state. This is useful when
    > > > labels are needed in digital signals.
    > > > 5 Moving text and edges by mouse drags now use undo and redo
    > > > 6 Should work with JRE1.5 or newer

    > > > You can download the Free Edition now and read all about the
    > > > TimingAnalyzer at:

    > > >www.timing-diagrams.com

    > > Hi,
    > > I tried to install it on Vista Basic.But facing difficulty in
    > > installing.I did install the JRE.when I run the timinganalyzer.jar exe
    > > file It pops me a message saying main class not found exiting !!
    > > Could u pls help me in fixing the problem ...ur help will be
    > > appreciated

    > > Thanks in advance,
    > > hesh

    > Can you tell what version of Java you are using? I have used beta
    > 0.85
    > with JRE1.5.
    >
    > If you bring up a dos window, enter
    >
    > java -jar TimingAnalyzer.jar
    >
    > This will report the OS, Java version, ....
    >
    > Thanks, Dan

    Hi ,

    I installed java version 1.6.0_06.but unable to run the
    analyzer...pls do gimme ur inputs...

    Thanks in advance,
    hesh

    mahesh, Jun 30, 2008
  6. On Jun 30, 1:21 pm, mahesh <> wrote:
    > On Jun 30, 5:50 am, timinganalyzer <> wrote:

    > > > Hi,
    > > > I tried to install it on Vista Basic.But facing difficulty in
    > > > installing.I did install the JRE.when I run the timinganalyzer.jar exe
    > > > file It pops me a message saying main class not found exiting !!
    > > > Could u pls help me in fixing the problem ...ur help will be
    > > > appreciated

    > > > Thanks in advance,
    > > > hesh

    > > Can you tell what version of Java you are using? I have used beta
    > > 0.85
    > > with JRE1.5.

    > > If you bring up a dos window, enter

    > > java -jar TimingAnalyzer.jar

    > > This will report the OS, Java version, ....

    > > Thanks, Dan

    > Hi ,
    >
    > I installed java version 1.6.0_06.but unable to run the
    > analyzer...pls do gimme ur inputs...
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > hesh

    Hello Hesh,

    Maybe somehow the the zip file you downloaded was corrupted? The file
    size is 5,170KB.
    When you extract the zip file, you should see the directory structure
    shown below

    c:\Apps\TimingAnalyzer_bxx dir
    TimingAnalyzer.jar -- The executable program
    docs dir -- html help files required by
    program
    images dir -- images required by program
    scripts dir -- user scripts
    themes dir -- look and feel themes
    pics dir -- saved images of example files
    examples dir -- timing diagram example files
    settings dir -- default and user
    settings

    If your extracted directory structure and the size the program looks
    correct, then do
    the following and let me know the results.

    Open dos window.
    cd to TimingAnalyzer_b85
    java -jar TimingAnalyzer.jar

    Copy the output shown in the dos window and send that to me.
    Let me know how you make out.

    Thanks,
    Dan

    timinganalyzer, Jun 30, 2008
  7. timinganalyzer

    mahesh Guest

    On Jun 30, 11:00 am, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    > On Jun 30, 1:21 pm, mahesh <> wrote:

    > > > Can you tell what version of Java you are using?  I have used beta
    > > > 0.85
    > > > with JRE1.5.

    > > > If you bring up a dos window,  enter

    > > > java -jar TimingAnalyzer.jar

    > > > This will report the OS,  Java version,  ....

    > > > Thanks,  Dan

    > > Hi ,

    > >        I installed java version 1.6.0_06.but unable to run the
    > > analyzer...pls do gimme ur inputs...

    > > Thanks in advance,
    > > hesh

    > Hello Hesh,
    >
    > Maybe somehow the the zip file you downloaded was corrupted?  The file
    > size is 5,170KB.
    > When you extract the zip file,  you should see the directory structure
    > shown below
    >
    >  c:\Apps\TimingAnalyzer_bxx dir
    >           TimingAnalyzer.jar     --   The executable program
    >           docs dir               --   html help files required by
    > program
    >           images dir             --   images required by program
    >           scripts dir            --   user scripts
    >           themes dir             --   look and feel themes
    >           pics dir               --   saved images of example files
    >           examples dir           --   timing diagram example files
    >           settings dir           --   default and user
    > settings
    >
    > If your extracted directory structure and the size the program looks
    > correct, then do
    > the following and let me know the results.
    >
    > Open dos window.
    > cd to TimingAnalyzer_b85
    > java -jar TimingAnalyzer.jar
    >
    > Copy the output shown in the dos window and send that to me.
    > Let me know how you make out.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dan- Hide quoted text -

    Hi Dan,

    I downloaded it again....got the issue fixed...
    Thanks a lot for ur help,
    hesh

    mahesh, Jul 1, 2008
  8. timinganalyzer

    rickman Guest

    On Jun 30, 5:16 am, "Nial Stewart"
    <nial*> wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I tried to install it on Vista Basic.But facing difficulty in
    > > installing.I did install the JRE.when I run the timinganalyzer.jar exe
    > > file It pops me a message saying main class not found exiting !!
    > > Could u pls help me in fixing the problem ...ur help will be
    > > appreciated
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > > hesh

    > I had this when trying a previous release with a version of the JRE
    > that was to old. Dan say's he's changed things so it should work
    > with JRE1.5 or later, it might be worth trying with JRE1.6?

    I have to say I don't understand the need for Java. I get the idea
    that it allows a single version of an application to run on many
    different machines and OSs. But it never seems to work very well.
    For one, most applications have a different look and feel than the
    typical application on that machine. So the user still has to learn
    new GUI details. But the big issue is that Java seems to always be
    buggy! I have a friend who is very much behind Java and the typical
    question about any Java problem is "do you have the most current
    release"? The answer is always yes, but the fact that this is the
    first question says to me that Java is still not stable and full of
    bugs.

    Am I missing something with Java? If it is not buggy, why does it
    always seem to be messing up the windows it draws leaving shattered
    pieces of glass lying around?

    So what is the use of having a way to run an application on all
    platforms if by "running" it means running very poorly?

    Rick

    rickman, Jul 5, 2008
  9. On Jul 5, 9:33 am, rickman <> wrote:
    > On Jun 30, 5:16 am, "Nial Stewart"
    >
    > <nial*> wrote:
    > > > Hi,
    > > > I tried to install it on Vista Basic.But facing difficulty in
    > > > installing.I did install the JRE.when I run the timinganalyzer.jar exe
    > > > file It pops me a message saying main class not found exiting !!
    > > > Could u pls help me in fixing the problem ...ur help will be
    > > > appreciated
    > > > Thanks in advance,
    > > > hesh

    > > I had this when trying a previous release with a version of the JRE
    > > that was to old. Dan say's he's changed things so it should work
    > > with JRE1.5 or later, it might be worth trying with JRE1.6?

    > I have to say I don't understand the need for Java. I get the idea
    > that it allows a single version of an application to run on many
    > different machines and OSs. But it never seems to work very well.
    > For one, most applications have a different look and feel than the
    > typical application on that machine. So the user still has to learn
    > new GUI details. But the big issue is that Java seems to always be
    > buggy! I have a friend who is very much behind Java and the typical
    > question about any Java problem is "do you have the most current
    > release"? The answer is always yes, but the fact that this is the
    > first question says to me that Java is still not stable and full of
    > bugs.
    >
    > Am I missing something with Java? If it is not buggy, why does it
    > always seem to be messing up the windows it draws leaving shattered
    > pieces of glass lying around?
    >
    > So what is the use of having a way to run an application on all
    > platforms if by "running" it means running very poorly?
    >
    > Rick

    Hi Rick,

    Why didn't you follow up your message with that fact that the download
    was corrupt as the OP said? Please be fair and constructive with any
    criticisms , don't forget it is in beta testing now and not a final
    release.

    BTW, Java is being used by a lot of the big guys, Xilinx, Synopsys,
    Mentor Graphics for CAD tools.
    Actually, NASA used Java for parts of the mars rover and other CAD
    type tools for analysis.

    In my case, I have found that it is always something in the code that
    is wrong but is easily fixed.
    As a one man show, I hoping on feedback from users as beta testers to
    help find the bugs or
    features that need improvements. I just don't have the time to do it
    all and need help testing.

    But my goal is to make this program the easiest and best way to draw
    timing diagrams, do timing
    analysis, and document the results with publishing quality images.

    So, please focus on the features of the program, not on the
    language, and help me by recommending
    improvements, new features, and testing.

    Regards,
    Dan

    timinganalyzer, Jul 5, 2008
  10. timinganalyzer

    rickman Guest

    On Jul 5, 2:02 pm, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    > On Jul 5, 9:33 am, rickman <> wrote:

    > > > I had this when trying a previous release with a version of the JRE
    > > > that was to old. Dan say's he's changed things so it should work
    > > > with JRE1.5 or later, it might be worth trying with JRE1.6?

    > > I have to say I don't understand the need for Java. I get the idea
    > > that it allows a single version of an application to run on many
    > > different machines and OSs. But it never seems to work very well.
    > > For one, most applications have a different look and feel than the
    > > typical application on that machine. So the user still has to learn
    > > new GUI details. But the big issue is that Java seems to always be
    > > buggy! I have a friend who is very much behind Java and the typical
    > > question about any Java problem is "do you have the most current
    > > release"? The answer is always yes, but the fact that this is the
    > > first question says to me that Java is still not stable and full of
    > > bugs.

    > > Am I missing something with Java? If it is not buggy, why does it
    > > always seem to be messing up the windows it draws leaving shattered
    > > pieces of glass lying around?

    > > So what is the use of having a way to run an application on all
    > > platforms if by "running" it means running very poorly?

    > > Rick

    > Hi Rick,
    >
    > Why didn't you follow up your message with that fact that the download
    > was corrupt as the OP said? Please be fair and constructive with any
    > criticisms , don't forget it is in beta testing now and not a final
    > release.

    I wasn't even talking about your program. I was talking about how so
    many apps use Java and how it often doesn't seem to work well. I
    think I explained my concerns in detail. The bottom line is that
    although it seems to work much of the time, it is much, much less
    reliable than code written for a given architecture. That may be more
    work for developers if they want to support a wide range of
    architectures, but in the end targeted code works well.

    > BTW, Java is being used by a lot of the big guys, Xilinx, Synopsys,
    > Mentor Graphics for CAD tools.
    > Actually, NASA used Java for parts of the mars rover and other CAD
    > type tools for analysis.

    I won't argue that at all, in fact that is my point. It is used all
    over the place and often works poorly. Every time I try to use it and
    have problems I am told to upgrade to the latest version, even when I
    *am* using the latest version. I just don't think Java is ready for
    prime time or maybe it is a usage problem. Either way it has the same
    result, poorly working apps.

    > In my case, I have found that it is always something in the code that
    > is wrong but is easily fixed.
    > As a one man show, I hoping on feedback from users as beta testers to
    > help find the bugs or
    > features that need improvements. I just don't have the time to do it
    > all and need help testing.
    >
    > But my goal is to make this program the easiest and best way to draw
    > timing diagrams, do timing
    > analysis, and document the results with publishing quality images.
    >
    > So, please focus on the features of the program, not on the
    > language, and help me by recommending
    > improvements, new features, and testing.

    When I am discussing your program I try to give constructive
    criticism. But I wasn't talking about your program. Rather I was
    discussing the trend of using Java which is fairly buggy compared to
    most architecture specific apps.

    Rick

    rickman, Jul 6, 2008