Annoying Problem While Debugging ASP.NET

Joe

Hello everybody,

I am working on a .NET solution containing 2 projects, one depending on the
other (Website depends on Library). I am using .NET 1.1.

The annoying problem is that I'm not able to debug the code written in
Library. The execution doesn't stop on breakpoints, and each breakpoint
circle shows a question mark inside it, on mouse over this message is shown:
"The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for
this document."

The classes created in the Website project still can be debugged normally, I
only face the problem in the Library project.

I have deleted all cached files from VSWebCache and the Temporary ASP.NET
Files. I have deleted all the temporary files like the debug folder and the
pdb files.

The configuration of both projects is set to DEBUG.

I have installed the Serivce Pack 1 of the framework.

I don't know what else I should do to debug the Library project again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Joe.

Tim_Mac

hi Joe,
just to make sure that you have referenced the library with a project
reference instead of a DLL reference?
i think you probably have because of the dependency setup but it could
explain why your debug isn't working.

thanks
tim

Joe

Dear All,

I have solved the problem by coincidence yesterday. Here below is the
description of what I did:

In the properties of the Website project, in the Common Properties/Reference
Path section, I have two paths, one for the Web Application bin folder
(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\eBanking\Website\bin\) and the other for the Class
Library bin folder (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\eBanking\Library\bin\).

I have just inverted the listing order of the 2 paths so the Library bin
path comes first, then everything worked fine.

But for some reason, the order of these 2 paths is sometimes being inverted
at runtime.

Joe.