app not working unless vb.net installed on server

keith

Hi, we have a very weird problem deploying a ASP.NET project which is solved
by installing VB.NET.

We are using a custom DLL made using the ASP.NET WebService.

It works fine as long as you have VB.NET Standard installed on the Machine.
If it's not, and, of course the .NET framework is installed, then the
application will not work if the DLL is called from more than one asp.net
project.

e.g.
Computer A and B both have .net framework 1.1 installed.

Computer A has vb.net standard installed.

the website runs fine with out custom DLL in ran on Computer A, but Computer
B will not run more than one instance of the DLL. (i.e. 2 websites using
the same DLL).

We are going to install windows .net server 2003 to see if this resolves the
issue, but it's a real pain in the a**

Simply put, HELP.

Thanks, Keith.

Phil Wilson

If you are using any of the VB compatibility DLLs
(Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.Data.dll) I don't think they're in the
runtime, but they are in VB.NET. If this is the case, be aware that there is
an advisory somewhere that they shouldn't be used for new development.