ASP and ASP.NET

Guest

Hello,

Is it possible to allow ASP pages to access or use information from the
web.config file in some way of interop?

I have to host an existing ASP site on a IIS6 server without migrating the
site to ASP.NET, but I already would like to put use a web.config file for
future use...

Bruno Alexandre

ASP does not use web.config
there is no way to this (unless programming ASP pages to access web.config
as an XML file and not as web.config)

this restriction is made by the IIS compilation, the requests of ASP are not
the same as ASP.NET 1.x or 2.0

to see that, in the same website you can not run ASP with ASP.NET or even
ASP.NET 1.x and ASP.NET 2.0

they are derivated from ASP but they are diferent languages, and you need to
think of them as different.

--

Bruno Alexandre
København, Danmark

"a Portuguese in Denmark"

Blog. http://balexandre.blogspot.com/
Photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/balexandre/

Scott M.

Web.Config contains just XML. It is not a compiled file. If you want a
Classic ASP file to read some configuration information in it, you could
easily just have the Classic ASP page load the XML data in Web.Config into
an XMLDOMDocument (using the pre-.NET XML class library) and parse it.