    set rs = server.createobject("adodb.recordset")
    cnn.open "DSN=SYSTEM2"

    Help!

    mechweb, Jul 7, 2003

  2. mechweb

    Ray at Guest

    Do you have the DSN setup on the server? Do you have drivers installed?

    Ray at work

    "mechweb" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to connect to a DB2 database on an AS400 via ASP. On the

    server

    Ray at, Jul 7, 2003

  3. mechweb

    mechweb Guest

    I am using IBM's client access software and have setup a DSN which works via
    VB. When I try using the DSN-less connection string below, I get provider
    cannot be found.

    mechweb, Jul 7, 2003
  4. mechweb

    mechweb Guest

    Yes they are, I am actually using my desktop as a dev server. When I go into
    the ODBC admin I can see IBM Client Access under the drivers tab.

    mechweb, Jul 7, 2003
  5. mechweb

    Ray at Guest

    Huh, how about that. Alright, with your DSN that you have setup, is that a
    user DSN or system? Try creating a system DSN (and testing it) and see if
    that helps.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jul 7, 2003
  6. mechweb

    mechweb Guest

    The DSN I have been using is a system DSN. In VB, I can get data back no
    problem, but ASP is giving me hell. I have tried about 50 variations of a
    connection string to no avail. I still think ASP should work just like in
    VB, but it doesn't. Aaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!

    mechweb, Jul 7, 2003
  7. mechweb

    Ray at Guest

    You're right. It should in this case. Just for the hell of it, post
    relevant code and the error/line number.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jul 7, 2003
  8. mechweb

    mechweb Guest

    Here is the error, it craps out on the line that contains my cnn.open (the
    code is in my first post I think):

    Error Type:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    [IBM][Client Access ODBC Driver (32-bit)][DB2/400 SQL]Communication link
    failure. COMM RC=0x3
    /d1main/fieldbulletin_detail.asp, line 6

    mechweb, Jul 7, 2003
  9. mechweb

    mechweb Guest

    In my VB app, I was using ADO 2.6. I changed it to reference ADO 2.0 and it
    still worked ok. This has to be some kind of IIs or ASP issue, but I am not
    sure I'll find the answer.

    > Next suggestion
    >
    > [re]Install the latest version of MDAC to verify that your odbcjt32.dll

    file

    mechweb, Jul 7, 2003
  10. mechweb

    Ray at Guest

    I wouldn't be so sure that it's an ASP issue. IIRC, the comm link failures
    always have to do with MDAC. Either that, or the as-database daemon isn't
    running... STRHOSTSVR *ALL.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jul 7, 2003