asp:CreateUserWizard control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by BobLaughland, Feb 20, 2006.

  1. BobLaughland

    BobLaughland Guest

    Hi There,

    Just wondering about the asp:CreateUserWizard. I am using Microsoft
    Visual Web Developer 2005.

    What I would like to do is be able to add users, but also specify which
    roles they belong to.

    E.G. at the moment I can add a user 'bob' but I cannot set whether he
    is part of the 'user' role, or part of the 'administrator' role.

    Anyway the asp:CreateUserWizard seems to be missing this functionality.

    I know you can do it through the 'administer website' link in the IDE,
    but I need to be able to do it on the web site I create so that I can
    administer it remotely.

    Or else is it possible to run the 'administer website' functionality
    remotely?

    Thanks,

    Peter.

    BobLaughland, Feb 20, 2006

  2. Hi
    You can use Membership & Rule manager APIs to set rules for users.
    Using those API, you build your own User Management, too.

    useful Classes :
    MembershipUser,Membership,Roles

    Best Reagars,
    A.Hadi