asp:Menu on Safari

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark Rae, Jul 23, 2006.

  1. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    Hi,

    Does anyone have a browser definition file to allow Safari to render the
    asp:Menu control correctly?

    Microsoft don't currently supply one by default, and I can't find one on the
    Net.

    I found this, though: http://www.asp.net/CSSAdapters/Default.aspx

    which seems to be officially supported by Microsoft (click the Download
    button and you'll see what I mean), but this involves the use of CSS, themes
    and JavaScript, and seems a very convoluted way of solving what should be a
    very easy problem

    Safari is (supposed to be) 100% XHTML-compliant, so I don't understand why
    it has such a problem with the new asp:Menu and asp:TreeView controls.

    Any assistance gratefully received.

    Mark

    Mark Rae, Jul 23, 2006

  2. Mark Rae