ASP.NET 1.1

Randy

Hello All,
I'm running .NET 2003 on an XP box. I recently opened an older web service
solution (created in the previous version of .NET) and when opening it I got
the message...
Visual Studio .NET has detected that the Web server is running ASP.NET
version 1.0......etc..."
It advises me to upgrade to ASP.NET version 1.1. My first problem is...How
do I do that? I searched out on Microsoft's site but didn't find anything
definitive on downloading it. Is it on the .NET 2003 CDs?
Where do I get it?
Also, I've read of some people having problems with it. Are there problems
associated with 1.1? Should I stay with 1.0?
Thanks for any help and input...

Cheers :)

Kevin Spencer

You should certainly go with the latest version. You can change the version
that your web app is using through the IIS Admin snap-in. In the Properties
dialog for your web app, go to the Home Directory tab and click the
Configuration button. Change the ISAPI mappings there to use the 1.1 version
instead of the 1.0 version.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer