ASP.NET 2.0 and 1.x

Vai

Hi All, Can asp.net 2.0 and 1.x run side by side. I know thats what .net
boasts too... side by side execution of multiple version.
But in real PROD Env. if you have a plethora of 1.x application running can
you just install 2.0 Framework and everything should be good to go??? Wont
the ISAPI registeration cause some problem...

Please advice...

TIA

Alexandre

if you are running 2.0 anmd 1.1 on the same server be sure that your
..net 2.0 applications run in sepperate application pools then the .net
1.1 ( for IIS )

Juan T. Llibre

Only if you're running IIS 6.0.

If you are running IIS 5.0 or 5.1, you don't need to.
In fact, you don't have Application Pools at all in IIS 5.0 and IIS 5.1.

Be careful when generalizing. Many generalizations are just plain wrong.

Alexandre

I realy did not know about the 5.0 and 5.5, I've almost always worked
with 6.0 for .net
and since 2.0 came out I never even thought of looing back at 5.5,
thanks for the information
though it might come handy some day.

best regards,
Alexandre Brisebois