2.0 Server Control running in a 1.x app?

Paul Prewett

Hello all --

I have a simple question. Is it possible for a custom server control that
was developed using the .NET Framework 2.0 to be dropped into a 1.x web
application (i.e. take the 2.0 assembly, add it as a reference to a 1.x
project, and drop the control into one of the 1.x aspx pages)?

Thanks for any input.

-Paul Prewett

Erik Funkenbusch

I have a simple question. Is it possible for a custom server control that
was developed using the .NET Framework 2.0 to be dropped into a 1.x web
application (i.e. take the 2.0 assembly, add it as a reference to a 1.x
project, and drop the control into one of the 1.x aspx pages)?

Not without converting the web application to 2.0 (which effectively makes
the 1.1 app a 2.0 app).

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Paul,

I agree with Erik on this. You'll have to configure the web site to run
with ASP.NET 2.0 to be able to use the custom control that is developed
using .NET Framework 2.0.

Please feel free to post here if anything is unclear.

Regards,
Walter Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support