Asp .net 2.0 Menu Hover style

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by cheungkb@gmail.com, Apr 6, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi there,

    I have a problem with the menu control that someone might be able to
    shed some light on.

    I have 1 static level and 1 dynamic level.

    On the static level - I have a different css class when the pointer
    hovers over the menu item. So, a menu item has a style of say
    "normal", and when the pointer hovers over it, it switches to say
    "hovering". So far so good.

    Now I also have one dynamic level, so menu items will expand out the
    dynamic menu when the pointer is hovered over the static parent menu
    item. The problem is, once the pointer moves out of the parent menu
    item into the child dynamic menu, the parent loses its hovered style
    class and resets it to the normal style. This obviously looks weird.

    E.g,

    So suppose you have the menu:

    Test1 Test2 Test3 Test4

    Hovering over Test2 will switch the style of Test2 menu item to
    "hovering" and the a dynamic menu will appear under Test2. Now, when
    you move the pointer into the dynamic menu under Test2, the style in
    Test2 switches back to the normal style.

    Is there anyway of allowing Test2 to keep its hovered style when the
    child sub-menu is open?

    Thanks,

    Gunslinger
    , Apr 6, 2006