asp.net Accessing UNC path - File Not Found

PP

Hi

I have a web site (ASP.NET V2.0) that runs under the active user
account. When a user tries to load a tiff via from a UNC path it
comes up with File Not Found though the user has full access to the
UNC path.

What possible reasons would cause this problem.

Thanks

bruce barker

you need to switch to kerbero and creditials forwarding for this to work.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

distantearth1

Hi

I have a web site (ASP.NET V2.0) that runs under the active user
account. When a user tries to load a tiff via from a UNC path it
comes up with File Not Found though the user has full access to the
UNC path.

What possible reasons would cause this problem.

I don't think the reasons cause the problem. Aren't the reasons just a
sort of philosophical abstraction of the issues that cause the
problem?
As for what the issues are, well, let's just say they may not be
program code related.

For example, your recent post to a singles forum...

http://groups.google.com.au/group/s...c57d9/856db5bcdc669244?hl=en#856db5bcdc669244

....where you posted spam, pretending to have 'found' your own website
(the domain matches your own email address domain 'bobbob.net') is
interesting.

Seeing as you only just found that website though, you should perhaps
be aware that it's just a prepackaged app you must have purchased
(without realising) from http://www.datingpro.com/dating/. In fact,
it still carries the DatingPro branding. And you seem to have broken
their code in several places, as your site doesn't work very well.

Just something to be mindful of for anyone spending their valuable
time answering this person's questions.

Incidentally, many of which can be resolved if you read the help
files.
Like your question about how to add items to a deployment project.

http://groups.google.com.au/group/m...a04ad/b405285861de2af5?hl=en#b405285861de2af5

Which can answered by reading "How to: Add Items to a Deployment
Project" from the MSDN library.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/z11b431t(VS.80).aspx

DrFarva