Asp.net debugging denied on w2003 server

Guest

After several months of successful development in Visual Studio .NET on our
Windows 2003 Small Business Server, I now receve a message:

"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. You do not have privileges to debug the web server process."

I can run from the IDE without debugging, but can't attach to the w3wp.exe
process. This also gives access denied.

I have read many messages where developers have this problem while remote
debugging but in my case, I'm on the server. I have tried many of the
suggestions including: DCOM changes, making sure I'm in the "Debugging Users"
group, I tried changing the App Pool to run as other users - no luck. Any
assistance would be appreciated.

Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\)

You "MUST BE ADMIN" or set the SE_DEBUG privilege for the current user to
debug asp.net.

Guest

Daniel, Thanks for the prompt reply. I have tried debugging as
"Administrator" with no success. I have also added the users to the
"Debugger Users" group.

I'm getting close to trying a reinstall of Visual Studio. - Any thoughts?

Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\)

installed the RemoteDebugger, tried as admin of the domain in group
"debugger users" and "wpg..." and still no success? Hmm, sorry

Guest

I am having the exactly the same problem, I have tried all kinds of solution
I can find on the internet, no luck. Did you find the solution? Thanks.

Guest

I never reesolved this issue. Finally, rebuilt the server and re-installed
everything. Has worked since. I think it might have been caused by spyware
or adware.

Good luck...