ASP.NET Error: Not enought storage is available

Christoph Schuster

Hi !

We have a Liveserver running with ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0,
whicht get a error after 3-5 days running:

Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0
Event ID: 1088
Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not
be created. Error: 0x8007000e Not enough storage is
available to complete this operation.

The Server is a W2K Server US with 2GB physical memory,
the SQL-Server (on this machine) is limited to 300 MB, and
the aspnet_wp.exe uses max. 700MB. In the machine.config
the memoryLimit="70". so the aspnet_wp.exe should be able
to use 70% of 2GB memory. The whole System uses max 1.3 GB
of its physical RAM.

Could anyone give me a hint ?

Thanx

Christoph Schuster
Aperto AG
Berlin / Germany

Kevin Spencer

Well, I should have looked up the error number in the first place! The error
number indicates an OutOfMemoryException. I noticed that you're using some
custom configuration settings (e.g. 70% memoryLimit). You might want to
re-examine some of them. Looks like your machine is running out of memory
for some reason. You might want to set up some performance monitors to watch
how memory is being used.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
The more I learn, the less I know.

Christoph Schuster

Hi !

As the System has still 700 MB of physical memory free it seems not to be a
problem of
windows 2000 server. We are currently using the following Settings in the
machine.config:
<processModel
enable="true"

timeout="24:00:00"
pingFrequency="00:00:30"
pingTimeout="00:00:10"

idleTimeout="Infinite"
shutdownTimeout="0:00:05"
requestLimit="Infinite"
requestQueueLimit="5000"
restartQueueLimit="10"
memoryLimit="70"
webGarden="false"
cpuMask="0xffffffff"
userName="machine"
password="AutoGenerate"
logLevel="Errors"
clientConnectedCheck="0:00:05"
comAuthenticationLevel="Connect"
comImpersonationLevel="Impersonate"
responseDeadlockInterval="00:03:00"
maxWorkerThreads="20"
maxIoThreads="20"
/>

(it's a 2 CPU HT Dell Server, with 2 GB RAM)

As i understand the Settings the aspnet_wp.exe should take max 70% of 2GB,
which are 1.4GB, and
after this should get a out of memory/do a restart of the Thread).

Which performance counter would you suggest to use ?

Maybe helpful: we are running aspnet 1.1.4322.573. As i got the information
today
there is a hotfix rollup package out there to put the framework to
1.1.4322.910
(-> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;821156).
I requested this update today and will test it on out Stagingserver.
Hopefully this will help us :)

Thanx a lot
Christoph Schuster

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Christoph,

I suggest to use "Performance Monitor". You can find the execute file in

WINNT\System32\Perfmon.exe

I also hope that the fix will resolve your problem.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
<MCSD>

Christoph Schuster

Hi !

I know the PerfMon, but which Counter would you suggest to watch ?

kind regards

Christoph Schuster