ASP.Net on server with Sharepoint 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Robin, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Robin

    Robin Guest

    I am trying to get a virtual directory ASP.Net application to work on a
    Windows 2003 server that has Sharepoint 2003. I have followed the Microsoft
    knowledgebase but the error message below still occurs.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828810

    What other changes are required to get the virtual directory use its own
    web.config file?

    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: The XML file C:\Sharepoint\web.config could not be
    loaded. Access to the path "C:\Sharepoint\web.config" is denied.

    Source Error:

    [No relevant source lines]

    Source File: C:\Sharepoint\web.config Line: 0

    ----

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2032

    Robin, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Have you rebooted the server or at least stopped and started the web service
    on the machine. Certain metabase properties require a restart before they
    take place. If not, that is where I would look first.

    If that is not the case, post over in the SharePoint group, as well, as this
    is something they might be more apt to be able to answer.

    ---

    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    ***************************
    Think Outside the Box!
    ***************************

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Robin

    Robin Guest

    I restarted IIS, still the same problem and I have since rebooted the server
    but the same error occurrs.

    "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP" <> wrote
    in message news:...
    > Have you rebooted the server or at least stopped and started the web

    service
    > on the machine. Certain metabase properties require a restart before they
    > take place. If not, that is where I would look first.
    >
    > If that is not the case, post over in the SharePoint group, as well, as

    this
    > is something they might be more apt to be able to answer.
    >

    > ---
    >
    > Gregory A. Beamer
    > MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
    >
    > ***************************
    > Think Outside the Box!
    > ***************************
    >
    > "Robin" wrote:
    >
    > > I am trying to get a virtual directory ASP.Net application to work on a
    > > Windows 2003 server that has Sharepoint 2003. I have followed the

    Microsoft
    > > knowledgebase but the error message below still occurs.
    > >
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828810
    > >
    > > What other changes are required to get the virtual directory use its own
    > > web.config file?
    > >
    > > Configuration Error

    file

    Robin, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Robin

    Moustafa Guest

    Dear Fellows,

    I faced the same problem today and The solution was very simple:
    After checking the Application Pool Corresponding to the ASP.NET
    application, I realized that it was referencing the Default Application
    Pool, I changed the application pool to that of SharePoint and
    magnificantly the web application went working again.

    Robin wrote:
    > I restarted IIS, still the same problem and I have since rebooted the

    server
    > but the same error occurrs.
    >
    > "Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP"

    <> wrote
    > in message news:...
    > > Have you rebooted the server or at least stopped and started the

    web
    > service
    > > on the machine. Certain metabase properties require a restart

    before they
    > > take place. If not, that is where I would look first.
    > >
    > > If that is not the case, post over in the SharePoint group, as

    well, as
    > this
    > > is something they might be more apt to be able to answer.
    > >

    > > ---
    > >
    > > Gregory A. Beamer
    > > MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
    > >
    > > ***************************
    > > Think Outside the Box!
    > > ***************************
    > >
    > > "Robin" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am trying to get a virtual directory ASP.Net application to

    work on a
    > > > Windows 2003 server that has Sharepoint 2003. I have followed the

    > Microsoft
    > > > knowledgebase but the error message below still occurs.
    > > >
    > > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828810
    > > >
    > > > What other changes are required to get the virtual directory use

    its own
    > > > web.config file?
    > > >
    > > > Configuration Error

    configuration