ASP.Net on server with Sharepoint 2003

Robin

I am trying to get a virtual directory ASP.Net application to work on a
Windows 2003 server that has Sharepoint 2003. I have followed the Microsoft
knowledgebase but the error message below still occurs.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828810

What other changes are required to get the virtual directory use its own
web.config file?

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: The XML file C:\Sharepoint\web.config could not be
loaded. Access to the path "C:\Sharepoint\web.config" is denied.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: C:\Sharepoint\web.config Line: 0

Guest

Have you rebooted the server or at least stopped and started the web service
on the machine. Certain metabase properties require a restart before they
take place. If not, that is where I would look first.

If that is not the case, post over in the SharePoint group, as well, as this
is something they might be more apt to be able to answer.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

Robin

I restarted IIS, still the same problem and I have since rebooted the server
but the same error occurrs.

Robin said:
I am trying to get a virtual directory ASP.Net application to work on a
Windows 2003 server that has Sharepoint 2003. I have followed the Microsoft
knowledgebase but the error message below still occurs.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828810

What other changes are required to get the virtual directory use its own
web.config file?

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: The XML file C:\Sharepoint\web.config could not be
loaded. Access to the path "C:\Sharepoint\web.config" is denied.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: C:\Sharepoint\web.config Line: 0

Moustafa

Dear Fellows,

I faced the same problem today and The solution was very simple:
After checking the Application Pool Corresponding to the ASP.NET
application, I realized that it was referencing the Default Application
Pool, I changed the application pool to that of SharePoint and
magnificantly the web application went working again.
I restarted IIS, still the same problem and I have since rebooted the server
but the same error occurrs.

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP"
in message news:[email protected]...
Have you rebooted the server or at least stopped and started the
web
service
on the machine. Certain metabase properties require a restart before they
take place. If not, that is where I would look first.

If that is not the case, post over in the SharePoint group, as
well, as
this
is something they might be more apt to be able to answer.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
configuration
error
details

Parser Error Message: The XML file C:\Sharepoint\web.config could not be
loaded. Access to the path "C:\Sharepoint\web.config" is denied.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: C:\Sharepoint\web.config Line: 0
Version:1.1.4322.2032;