    I tried to run aspnet_regiss, but get an unkown function error.
    Can someone help me with this?

    Thank you.
    Jeff, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Jeff

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    You should install IIS first, then ASP.Net

    Otherwise, you need to run aspnet_regiis.exe -i (you mis-spelt it below).
    Since the location of that .exe is not in the system path you will need to
    open a command prompt, then navigate to the correct folder, and run it, eg:

    C:\winnt\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\

    and run aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    Cheers
    Ken

    "Jeff" <> wrote in message
    : I am trying to setup a demo server for an asp.net web site
    : that is working on my real website. The demo is Win2K and I
    : have installed .net framework and IIS, both successfully, I
    : think. The problem is that when I try to access the demo
    : site, the pages are not being served correctly - only
    : lables are displayed, and not as configured. HTML pages
    : display correclty.
    : I tried to run aspnet_regiss, but get an unkown function error.
    : Can someone help me with this?
    :
    : Thank you.
    Ken Schaefer, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Thanks for the help - I had to re-install the framework in
    additon to running the reg program.

    Jeff, Jan 27, 2004