ASP.NET to ATLAS transition

Guest

Hello,
I have recently been made aware of the new AJAX equivalent that is to be
present in ASP.NET which is ATLAS. I would really like to support ATLAS in
my web application to have smooth page transitions and am wondering how I
could implement ATLAS into my current ASP.NET web application? Thanks in
advance.

Regards,

James Simpson
Straightway Technologies Inc.

Mark Rae

I have recently been made aware of the new AJAX equivalent that is to be
present in ASP.NET which is ATLAS. I would really like to support ATLAS
in
my web application to have smooth page transitions and am wondering how I
could implement ATLAS into my current ASP.NET web application? Thanks in
advance.

1) Launch your internet browser (e.g. IE, FireFox, Netscape, Opera etc)

2) Navigate to http://www.google.com

3) Enter the text below in the box:

"ASP.NET" Atlas

4) Hit the button

Get atlas, then put a UpdatePanel in there and throw some controls in
the update panel. Magically they have smoothly transitioned to being
Atlas-enabled controls.

Guest

So in other words, I just pop the update panel inside of the webform and
could I then just move my existing controls right inside of the update panel?
One other question, is there any background coding working that is required
to get the smooth transitions in ATLAS? I am aware of the powers of google,
but google isn't great at finding accurate answers about new and emerging
technologies. Google isn't really good for researching, but that's a whole
other topic. If someone could please answer my transitions questions
regarding the code transitioning and updatepanel part, that would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

James Simpson
Straightway Technologies Inc.

darrel

So in other words, I just pop the update panel inside of the webform and
could I then just move my existing controls right inside of the update
panel?
One other question, is there any background coding working that is
required
to get the smooth transitions in ATLAS? I am aware of the powers of
google,
but google isn't great at finding accurate answers about new and emerging
technologies. Google isn't really good for researching, but that's a
whole
other topic. If someone could please answer my transitions questions
regarding the code transitioning and updatepanel part, that would be
greatly
appreciated.

AJAX isn't really something you just slap on your old site to make it
better.

If you are going ot use AJAX, you really want to design your application in
that context. Probably best to port your code piece by piece into the new
framework.

-Darrel

Steven Nagy

There's a video on the atlas site that demonstrates hooking up events
to use atlas.
The video shows it to be incredibly simple to ajax enable your existing
sites.
Just watch the video and all your questions will be answered.
It really is that easy.

I think the tech ed atlas demo is a webcast as well, not sure where to
find it though.