ASP NET Worker Process Definition

Pang Tat Sean

Can anyone explain to me what actually Worker Process is
generally and What actually ASP.NET Worker Process is
specifically ? I have been looking through the internet,
but many are just talking about how to use it, but not
explaining what it is . Thanks.

Natty Gur

Hi,

Worker Process is the name MS gave to process that host several
application domains. application domain is isolate from other
application domains (like process). the isolation is maintain by the
CLR.

ASP.NET Worker Process is aspnet_wp.exe (iis 5) or w3wp.exe (iis 6). the
WP ensure that every web application will live in its own application
domain.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana