    Which should I dive into? Is ASP already history? What is the difference?

    Thanks for answering such naive questions.

    Stephen
    Stephen Green, Aug 15, 2004

  2. Stephen Green

    dlbjr Guest

    If new, I would suggest ASP.NET. ASP will do fine though.
    They very different from each other.

    dlbjr
    Pleading sagacious indoctrination!
    dlbjr, Aug 15, 2004

  3. Thanks for the reply. How different are they? Is one more difficult? Will
    ASP become obsolete soon? Our website is hosted on Windows 2003 Server with
    IIS 6.0...

    Thanks again.

    Stephen

    Stephen Green, Aug 15, 2004
  4. Stephen Green

    dlbjr Guest

    Stephen,

    For a beginner with your configuration, I would use ASP.NET with C#.
    Use Web Matrix to code with. Download here:

    http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/default.aspx?tabIndex=4&tabId=46

    I wouldn't say one is harder than the other. Just different.
    Classic ASP will be around for awhile due to the excessive use.

    dlbjr, Aug 15, 2004