ASP pages fail, http works fine

Mark Walters

Rick - We are also getting this, but after upgrading to
Windows 2000 Server with IIS and IE 6.0.
Our symptoms are exactly the same including the hanging
WWW publishing service if you try to stop it when asp is
not working; the only solution is to restart the server.

I could not find the "run in own address space" checkbox
that you refer to? Where is that?

Regards,
Mark Walters.

Rick Hawkes

Oh that's about the worst news I could hear, because our final straw
contingency plan was to upgrade to Win2K / IIS 5.0.

However, on the not-so-bad news front, I ended up moving one of the
websites -- an ecommerce siteserver site -- over to another server and
both servers have been working well for about 3 days and counting.
That's the longest up time in several weeks.

It's leading me to think that the problem was with the application, or
with the way that something in the application was interacting with the
operating system.

I'll keep everyone posted as to what I do find out.

..Rick..

p.s. That "Run in own memory space" is an IIS 4.0 option. You find it in
the "Home Directory" tab in IIS 4, but I didn't see it on IIS 5.