    but the computer just gives me the error message "c:\...\aspnet_regiis.exe
    is not a valid Win32 application"

    I am using Windows XP SP 2, .NET Framework 2.0
    =?Utf-8?B?TWVsaXNzYQ==?=, Jun 8, 2007

  2. Check your hard drive for corruption...

    "Start button", "run", "cmd", and then :

    chkdsk c: /r

    Substitute the correct drive letter if you're booting from a drive other than C:.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 8, 2007

  3. I scanned the disk. Fortunately there was no corruption found.
    Unfortunately my asp problem still exists.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWVsaXNzYQ==?=, Jun 9, 2007
  4. Hello Melissa,

    try to reinstall the .NET FW.
    smth wrong with your aspnet_regiis.exe

    ---
    WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
    My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
    Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

    Michael Nemtsev, Jun 9, 2007

    http://www.google.com/search?q=aspnet_regiis.exe "is not a valid Win32 application"
    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 9, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TWVsaXNzYQ==?=

    Guest

    U just need to run "SDK Command Prompt" in "Microsoft .NET Framework
    SDK v2.0" on your Start menu!
    then in that command editor u run your "aspnet_regiis.exe -i " command
    , Jun 9, 2007
  7. Thanks. I had tried a repair and a re-install without success. Finally I
    uninstalled and let Visual Studio 2005 do the install SDK install and that
    seemed to work for me.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWVsaXNzYQ==?=, Jun 11, 2007