Assembler is better than C++

.oO LGV Oo.

Tim Spujum said:
Real men write their programs in pure assembler code.

Sissies use C++.

.... remember the 90-10 rule ?
when it must be dramatically fast or small, yes, use languages such as
asm.... either, prefer simpler code : mixed C/C++ & ASM seems to be the key,
na ??

Thomas Matthews

Tim said:
Real men write their programs in pure assembler code.

Sissies use C++.

What is a Real Man? (As opposed to a surrealistic one?)

On a daily basis, I program in C, C++ and assembly. The
assembly code takes over 10 times as long than writing
in C or C++, and I have over 30 years programming in
various assembly languages.

I only write in assembly language when there is a need
for the speed, space or to take advantage of some features
of a processor. I've got other things to do with my time
than waste it away writing complete applications in
assembly language. I sepnd a lot of my time researching
for C or C++ code that other people have written, so that
I can use the development time I saved doing something
better like surfing or having water balloon fights with
kids.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

David B. Held

Tim Spujum said:
Real men write their programs in pure assembler code.

Sissies use C++.

Real men write their programs in machine code, using a
telegraph key and an LED. Macros and mnemonics are
for sissies.

Real women ask for directions, read instruction manuals,
and use C++. Which is probably why we keep them around.

Dave

Jerry Coffin

[ ... ]
Real men write their programs in machine code, using a
telegraph key and an LED. Macros and mnemonics are
for sissies.

Machine code is for wimps -- REAL programming is done with a soldering
iron. A "quick hack" is when you use a wire-wrap tool.

Marcin Vorbrodt

SenderX said:
:?

The world allows this site to exist?!?!

What a damn shame...

Why post a link to that dribble?!?!?

How many Jews have you murdered in your lifetime?

How many Poles, Russians, Ukrainians, Byelorussians, Checks, and other
slaves have you murdered in your lifetime?
You low life slime!

You just made an assumption you uneducated moron.

Jerry Coffin

[email protected] says... said:
The world allows this site to exist?!?!

Yes -- some people are in favor of freedom of expression.
What a damn shame...

I tend to disagree.
Why post a link to that dribble?!?!?

Why keep it in your followup? Why say "dribble" when you mean "drivel"?

Seriously though: members of oppressed minorities are _precisely_ the
people who stand to lose the most when/if freedom of expression is
suppressed. The minute you suppress one group's freedom of expression,
you make it just that much easier for the same to be done to some other
group. While the attribution to Voltaire is apparently incorrect, I
(for one) agree completely with the sentiment that "I disagree with what
you say, but if necessarily would fight to the death to protect your
freedom to say it."

SenderX

How many Jews have you murdered in your lifetime?
How many Poles, Russians, Ukrainians, Byelorussians, Checks, and other
slaves have you murdered in your lifetime?

Zero.

Notice how you did not answer my question?

That's troublesome...

You just made an assumption you uneducated moron.

I hope I was wrong.

I just have a certain hatred for hitler...

SenderX

The world allows this site to exist?!?!
Yes -- some people are in favor of freedom of expression.

hitler is/should be an exception.

"I disagree with what
you say, but if necessarily would fight to the death to protect your
freedom to say it."

hitler is/should be an exception.

SenderX

Well, I am Polish and am dating a Jewish girl. Does that help?

I just take a certain offense to hitler.

Saying that a troll's comments might match hitlers, just makes me uneasy...

I am sorry. That's just how I am. I'm not sure if I can change the way I
feel about any comments on hitler... He is one of the few people who make my
blood boil.

Again, my apologies... I was out of line...

SenderX

Sorry about that explosion of mine...

I guess I need to learn about getting over the hatred I have of that "little
man" with the half-assed mustache.

I have always been very touchy on this subject...

"I disagree with what
you say, but if necessarily would fight to the death to protect your
freedom to say it."

I even got into a massive fist fight with a teacher of mine, over this exact
subject ( wrt hitler ).

Sam Holden

hitler is/should be an exception.

And I guess Jesus should be too, since there a bunch of people
who hate him.

And black people too, since there are a bunch of people who
hate them.