    Tim Spujum Guest

    Real men write their programs in pure assembler code.

    Sissies use C++.

    Tim Spujum, Oct 4, 2003

  2. Tim Spujum

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [troll] Assembler is better than C++

    "Tim Spujum" <> wrote in message
    > Real men write their programs in pure assembler code.

    Trolls are everywhere.

    > Sissies use C++.

    Real men plonk trolls.

    *PLONK*

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Oct 4, 2003

  3. Tim Spujum

    .oO LGV Oo. Guest

    "Tim Spujum" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > Real men write their programs in pure assembler code.
    >
    > Sissies use C++.

    .... remember the 90-10 rule ?
    when it must be dramatically fast or small, yes, use languages such as
    asm.... either, prefer simpler code : mixed C/C++ & ASM seems to be the key,
    na ??

    .oO LGV Oo., Oct 4, 2003
  4. Troll Alert: Assembler is better than C++

    Tim Spujum wrote:

    > Real men write their programs in pure assembler code.
    >
    > Sissies use C++.

    This is an obvious troll. Please ignore it.

    E. Robert Tisdale, Oct 4, 2003
  5. Tim Spujum wrote:

    > Real men write their programs in pure assembler code.
    >
    > Sissies use C++.

    What is a Real Man? (As opposed to a surrealistic one?)

    On a daily basis, I program in C, C++ and assembly. The
    assembly code takes over 10 times as long than writing
    in C or C++, and I have over 30 years programming in
    various assembly languages.

    I only write in assembly language when there is a need
    for the speed, space or to take advantage of some features
    of a processor. I've got other things to do with my time
    than waste it away writing complete applications in
    assembly language. I sepnd a lot of my time researching
    for C or C++ code that other people have written, so that
    I can use the development time I saved doing something
    better like surfing or having water balloon fights with
    kids.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message:
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
    Other sites:

    Thomas Matthews, Oct 6, 2003
  6. "Tim Spujum" <> wrote in message
    > Real men write their programs in pure assembler code.
    >
    > Sissies use C++.

    Real men write their programs in machine code, using a
    telegraph key and an LED. Macros and mnemonics are
    for sissies.

    Real women ask for directions, read instruction manuals,
    and use C++. Which is probably why we keep them around.

    Dave

    ---

    David B. Held, Oct 6, 2003
  7. Tim Spujum

    Bonzo Guest

    In article <umhgb.6599$a%>,
    Thomas Matthews <> wrote:

    > What is a Real Man? (As opposed to a surrealistic one?)

    One who does not respond to obvious trolls.

    Bonzo, Oct 7, 2003
  8. Yea, i bet hitler would say that too.

    Marcin Vorbrodt, Oct 7, 2003
  9. Tim Spujum

    Jerry Coffin Guest

    In article <blsc1i$70e$>,
    says...

    [ ... ]

    > Real men write their programs in machine code, using a
    > telegraph key and an LED. Macros and mnemonics are
    > for sissies.

    Machine code is for wimps -- REAL programming is done with a soldering
    iron. A "quick hack" is when you use a wire-wrap tool.

    --
    Later,
    Jerry.

    Jerry Coffin, Oct 7, 2003
  10. Tim Spujum

    SenderX Guest

    > Yea, i bet hitler would say that too.

    hitler?

    :|

    SenderX, Oct 7, 2003
  11. "SenderX" <> wrote in message
    > > Yea, i bet hitler would say that too.

    > hitler?

    http://www.hitler.org/

    Yea, hitler.

    Marcin Vorbrodt, Oct 7, 2003
  12. Tim Spujum

    SenderX Guest

    > http://www.hitler.org/

    :?

    The world allows this site to exist?!?!

    What a damn shame...

    Why post a link to that dribble?!?!?

    > Yea, hitler.

    How many Jews have you murdered in your lifetime?

    You low life slime!

    SenderX, Oct 7, 2003
  13. "SenderX" <> wrote in message
    > > http://www.hitler.org/

    > :?
    >
    > The world allows this site to exist?!?!
    >
    > What a damn shame...
    >
    > Why post a link to that dribble?!?!?
    >

    > > Yea, hitler.

    > How many Jews have you murdered in your lifetime?

    How many Poles, Russians, Ukrainians, Byelorussians, Checks, and other
    slaves have you murdered in your lifetime?

    > You low life slime!

    You just made an assumption you uneducated moron.

    Marcin Vorbrodt, Oct 7, 2003
  14. Tim Spujum

    Jerry Coffin Guest

    In article <nKqgb.695868$Ho3.153047@sccrnsc03>, says...

    [ ... ]

    > The world allows this site to exist?!?!

    Yes -- some people are in favor of freedom of expression.

    > What a damn shame...

    I tend to disagree.

    > Why post a link to that dribble?!?!?

    Why keep it in your followup? Why say "dribble" when you mean "drivel"?

    Seriously though: members of oppressed minorities are _precisely_ the
    people who stand to lose the most when/if freedom of expression is
    suppressed. The minute you suppress one group's freedom of expression,
    you make it just that much easier for the same to be done to some other
    group. While the attribution to Voltaire is apparently incorrect, I
    (for one) agree completely with the sentiment that "I disagree with what
    you say, but if necessarily would fight to the death to protect your
    freedom to say it."

    --
    Later,
    Jerry.

    Jerry Coffin, Oct 7, 2003
  15. Tim Spujum

    SenderX Guest

    > > How many Jews have you murdered in your lifetime?
    >
    > How many Poles, Russians, Ukrainians, Byelorussians, Checks, and other
    > slaves have you murdered in your lifetime?

    Zero.

    Notice how you did not answer my question?

    That's troublesome...

    > You just made an assumption you uneducated moron.

    I hope I was wrong.

    I just have a certain hatred for hitler...

    SenderX, Oct 7, 2003
  16. Tim Spujum

    SenderX Guest

    > > The world allows this site to exist?!?!
    >
    > Yes -- some people are in favor of freedom of expression.

    hitler is/should be an exception.

    SenderX, Oct 7, 2003
  17. Well, I am Polish and am dating a Jewish girl. Does that help?
    :)

    Marcin Vorbrodt, Oct 7, 2003
  18. Tim Spujum

    SenderX Guest

    > Well, I am Polish and am dating a Jewish girl. Does that help?
    > :)

    I just take a certain offense to hitler.

    Saying that a troll's comments might match hitlers, just makes me uneasy...

    I am sorry. That's just how I am. I'm not sure if I can change the way I
    feel about any comments on hitler... He is one of the few people who make my
    blood boil.

    Again, my apologies... I was out of line...

    SenderX, Oct 7, 2003
  19. Tim Spujum

    SenderX Guest

    Sorry about that explosion of mine...

    I guess I need to learn about getting over the hatred I have of that "little
    man" with the half-assed mustache.

    I have always been very touchy on this subject...

    > "I disagree with what
    > you say, but if necessarily would fight to the death to protect your
    > freedom to say it."

    I even got into a massive fist fight with a teacher of mine, over this exact
    subject ( wrt hitler ).

    SenderX, Oct 7, 2003
  20. Tim Spujum

    Sam Holden Guest

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 04:50:01 GMT, SenderX <> wrote:
    >> > The world allows this site to exist?!?!

    >> Yes -- some people are in favor of freedom of expression.

    > hitler is/should be an exception.

    And I guess Jesus should be too, since there a bunch of people
    who hate him.

    And black people too, since there are a bunch of people who
    hate them.

    --
    Sam Holden

    Sam Holden, Oct 7, 2003