Axis C++ only as client

Falk Sippach

Hello,

I've written an Axis Webservice in Java. Everything works fine with
clients in Java or .net.
Now I'm trying to write a client in C++. I've downloaded the latest
Axis C++ distribution. If I follow the documentation, I have to
install apache. But I don't need it, because an Tomcat-Server is
already running. So, it's a bit confusing, which settings are required
for the Axis client. My test application terminates abnormal without
an meaningful error message.

I've set the following enviroment variables:
set AXISCPP_DEPLOY=c:\Program Files\Java\axis c\deploy
set AXISCPP_HOME=c:\Program Files\Java\axis c
set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=%AXISCPP_HOME%\lib

I'm not sure, perhaps the xerces compiler is missing. But an
xerces-c_2_2_0.dll exists in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Can you help me, maybe with a simple example.

Thanks,
Falk.

Howard

Falk Sippach said:
Hello,

I've written an Axis Webservice in Java. Everything works fine with
clients in Java or .net.
Now I'm trying to write a client in C++. I've downloaded the latest
Axis C++ distribution. If I follow the documentation, I have to
install apache. But I don't need it, because an Tomcat-Server is
already running. So, it's a bit confusing, which settings are required
for the Axis client. My test application terminates abnormal without
an meaningful error message.

Well, without any error message of any kind shown here, how can we begin to
guess what the problem might be?
I've set the following enviroment variables:
set AXISCPP_DEPLOY=c:\Program Files\Java\axis c\deploy
set AXISCPP_HOME=c:\Program Files\Java\axis c
set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=%AXISCPP_HOME%\lib

I'm not sure, perhaps the xerces compiler is missing. But an
xerces-c_2_2_0.dll exists in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Can you help me, maybe with a simple example.

Thanks,
Falk.

You'll need to ask this in a newsgroup devoted to your compiler or platform.
Client/server architecture problems are not topical in this group, which
discusses C++ language issues.

-Howard