    I'm a bit confused.
    Any explanation or link will be very helpful
    Gio
    Giox, Feb 22, 2007

  2. Giox

    weber Guest

    On 22 fev, 13:34, "Giox" <> wrote:
    > Hello everybody,
    > where can I find a clear explanation of the difference between
    >
    > Number of Slice Flip Flops
    >
    > and
    >
    > Number of 4 input LUT
    >
    > in the feedback provided by ISE Xilinx.
    > I'm a bit confused.
    > Any explanation or link will be very helpful
    > Gio

    I guess that relation can be different for each FPGA (Xilinx: Spartan,
    Virtex 2, Virtex 4 etc) so a good place to find this information would
    be the user guide of your target board.
    Cheers,
    weber
    weber, Feb 22, 2007

  3. Giox

    Andrew FPGA Guest

    Andrew FPGA, Feb 23, 2007
  4. "Giox" <> writes:

    > Hello everybody,
    > where can I find a clear explanation of the difference between

    The difference between them is that they are a count of completely
    different things...

    > Number of Slice Flip Flops

    The is the number of flipflops used up by your design, that have been
    put into the slices. Flipflops in IO blocks don't count towards this number

    > and
    >
    > Number of 4 input LUT

    This is the number of LUTs used up by your design. These are also in
    the slices.

    > in the feedback provided by ISE Xilinx.
    > I'm a bit confused.

    What by? I wonder if you are making things more complicated than they
    actually are?

    > Any explanation or link will be very helpful
    > Gio

    I'm happy to explain more if desired :)

    Cheers,
    Martin