  1. We are developing a secure site. One a user logs off of the site we do not want them to have the ability to hit the back button and display the secure pages on the site. We started to look at using server.transfers rather than response.redirects to navigate the users through the site. The problem we are running into is browser history entries are created with a form's postback. How do we get arround this problem

    Thanks in advance for your help
    -Dave
    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBDYXJyb2xs?=, Apr 21, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBDYXJyb2xs?=

    bruce barker Guest

    the best you can do is expire the pages, so the browser will rerequest them
    (unless the user turns this off).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Apr 21, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBDYXJyb2xs?=

    PS Guest

    Overwrite nav history:

    location.replace("logout.aspx");

    PS, Apr 23, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBDYXJyb2xs?=

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Dave Carroll wrote:
    > We are developing a secure site. One a user logs off of the site we
    > do not want them to have the ability to hit the back button and
    > display the secure pages on the site. We started to look at using
    > server.transfers rather than response.redirects to navigate the users
    > through the site. The problem we are running into is browser
    > history entries are created with a form's postback. How do we get
    > arround this problem?

    Make your pages non-cacheable by setting appropriate Cache-Control headers.

    Cheers,

    --
    Joerg Jooss
    Joerg Jooss, Apr 24, 2004