C# 2.0 (Lotus Notes 6 & 7) Create mail document in draft folder for Lotus Notes

SteveM

I could use some of the expertise out there to sort out issues with
what I am trying to do
Any help or suggestion will be appreciated :)

The Problem:
I have a C# application that I want to create a customized email
document and store it in the draft folder on the machine that the user
of the app is executing on.
I do not want to have to enter (or hard code) a username or password
if the Lotus Notes session is already up and running. We do something
similar to this with Perl and OLE
where if the session is running it simply creates and saves the draft
document to the folder, no prompting no passwords etc. Is it possible
to do this with the COM library using .Net?
I would appreciate your advice or suggestions
Thanks
-Steve

Mark Rae [MVP]

I have a C# application that I want to create a customized email
document and store it in the draft folder on the machine that the user
of the app is executing on.

You're not going to be able to do that natively because of browser
security...

The user will have to click on a hyperlink in your web page and then specify
the location to save the file...

SteveM

You're not going to be able to do that natively because of browser
security...

The user will have to click on a hyperlink in your web page and then specify
the location to save the file...

Actually the application doesnt have to be an ASP.NET application,
originally I thought of a simple windows app, but when I searched for
anything on Lotus Notes this group came up. I realized after I sent
the message that it was an ASP.Net group, but my application isnt
really web based at this time... any suggestions on how this can be
done within a standard windows app? (I know I know wrong group.. but
since I have this post open, any suggestions would be helpful)

Thanks
-Steve

Mark Rae [MVP]

I know I know wrong group.. but since I have this post
open, any suggestions would be helpful)

Lotus Notes is a bit outside my realm of expertise - I see you've already
posted in the C# forum, so you might get some better suggestions there, but
maybe the best place to ask would be in one of the Notus newsgroups...

SteveM

Lotus Notes is a bit outside my realm of expertise - I see you've already
posted in the C# forum, so you might get some better suggestions there, but
maybe the best place to ask would be in one of the Notus newsgroups...

Thanks for the good advice I will look for a Lotus group and post
there as well
-Steve