C library for PDF creation?

vasudevram

Hi,

Is there any C library (free software or open source) for PDF creation,
other than PDFLib? [ PDFLib is good but it puts a watermark across the
PDF output. ]

I'm looking for such a library to use for:

1. Porting my xtopdf PDF creation/conversion toolkit - see
http://www.dancingbison.com/services.html - from Python to C, for
reasons of a) possibly better performance, b) being able to wrap the
ported code as a Ruby/C extension, so that I can then generate PDF from
Ruby. [I do know about Ruby's PDF::Writer, but am exploring different
ways of doing the same thing].

2. Doing PDF generation from C.

Both the above points are part of my overall plan of extending xtopdf
in different dimensions (more features, ports to more languages, etc.).

Thanks
Vasudev

Simon Biber

vasudevram said:
Hi,

Is there any C library (free software or open source) for PDF creation,
other than PDFLib? [ PDFLib is good but it puts a watermark across the
PDF output. ]

GPL Ghostscript is free software that does PDF creation amongst other
functions. You may be able to adapt the C source code for use as a
library. In fact, there is a library interface described in its
documentation.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/gnu/7.05/Lib.htm

W H G

vasudevram said:
Hi,

Is there any C library (free software or open source) for PDF creation,
other than PDFLib? [ PDFLib is good but it puts a watermark across the
PDF output. ]

I'm looking for such a library to use for:

Just happened to be mentioned on alt.comp.freeware:

http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/urz/pdf/pdfutils.html

It lists libraries in various computer languages and basic
information on PDF format.

--- W H G

fubar.1010

Well, he did ask if there is a C library involve, which is related to C
language..So cut him some slack..

Jack said:
Hi,

Is there any C library (free software or open source) for PDF creation,
other than PDFLib? [ PDFLib is good but it puts a watermark across the
PDF output. ]

[snip]

Third party libraries are off-topic here. Try http://www.google.com.

Keith Thompson

Well, he did ask if there is a C library involve, which is related to C
language..So cut him some slack..

Please don't top-post. See <http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html>.

If by "cut him some slack" you mean we should have tried to answer is
question, that's not a good idea. Most of us here know about the C
programming language; we don't necessarily know anything about
third-party libraries. If the OP wants information, he's far better
off asking in a forum where people actually know what he's asking
about.

This newsgroup has a long-standing set of conventions about what's
topical and what isn't, and there are good reasons for these
conventions. For a good introduction to this newsgroup, see
<http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/Introduction_to_comp.lang.c>.