Cannot create project in Windows Server 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmFjayBH?=, Oct 17, 2005.

  1. I've been trying to create a new web application project in Visual Studio
    2003 running on a Windows Server 2003.
    I get the message Window titled Web Access Failed

    The default Web access mode for this project is set to file share, but the
    project folder at http://localhost/NewWebPage cannot be opened witht he path
    'G:\Zoning\NewWebPage' the error returned was:

    Unable to create Web project 'NewWebPage'. The file path
    'G:\Zoning\NewWebPage' does not correspond to the URL
    'http://localhost/NewWebPage'. The two need to map to the same server
    location. HTTP Error 404: Not Found

    What would you like to do?
    Retry using a different file share path
    Location G:\Zoning\NewWebPage
    or
    Try to open the project with FronPage Server Extensions.

    I create projects in the past, but now I can't do anything. I've tried
    everything I could find, but without success.

    Help!

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFjayBH?=, Oct 17, 2005

  2. Jack,

    It sounds as if the virtual directory on the server is not created as a
    website.

    If the directory is still listed in IIS right click it's folder and choose
    properties. Then click the "Create" button you'll see there.

    If the folder isn't there at all you'll need to create a virtual site named:
    NewWebPage and point it to the G:\Zoning\NewWebPage folder.

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer