Cannot run a ASP.NET application in Debug Mode

Guest

Hi,

System: Windows XP, Visual Studio 2005, ASP.NET 2.0, framework 2.0

When I run my web application in debug mode, I am getting the following error:
"Unable to start debugging on the web server. The COM+ registry database
detected a system error."

If I run "repair" on the .NET framework 2.0, this issue disappears.
But the issue comes back when I reboot my machine the next day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

I'd perform a clean install. That is, uninstal, reboot and install. If this
is a hassle (cuz i am sure you thought of this) what do your application
error logs say?

--
________________________
Warm regards,

[Shameless Author plug]
Professional VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley
The O.W.C. Black Book with .NET
www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/blogs/alvin

Guest

Hi Alvin,

I did the uninstall and reboot and install before posting this question here
, the uninstall and reinstall didn't help..

Based on your suggestion, I looked in the application error log:
This might be the issue:The server was unable to logon the Windows NT
account 'IUSR_MachineName' due to the following error:
Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at
this computer. The data is the error code.

I checked the user accounts for groups: 'IUSR_MachineName' is in Users
group. Do I need to add this to any other group like administrators etc ?

Thanks for your help!!

Rekha

Rekha said:
Hi,

System: Windows XP, Visual Studio 2005, ASP.NET 2.0, framework 2.0

When I run my web application in debug mode, I am getting the following
error:
"Unable to start debugging on the web server. The COM+ registry database
detected a system error."

If I run "repair" on the .NET framework 2.0, this issue disappears.
But the issue comes back when I reboot my machine the next day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Guest

I'm also receiving the same error after an initial install of VS2005 in a NEW
machine. Any clues?

Daniel Yafac

Speak spanish???... my msn: (e-mail address removed),

In IIS, go to WebSite Properties, in tab DIRECTORY SECURITY in
AUTEHNTUCATION AND ACCESS CONTROL , click in EDIT, sure checkbox INTEGRATED
WINDOWS AUTHENTICATION is ENABLED.....

Good Luck!

Daniel Yafac