    But the issue comes back when I reboot my machine the next day.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!!

    =?Utf-8?B?UmVraGE=?=, Sep 1, 2006

  2. I'd perform a clean install. That is, uninstal, reboot and install. If this
    is a hassle (cuz i am sure you thought of this) what do your application
    error logs say?

    --
    ________________________
    Warm regards,

    [Shameless Author plug]
    Professional VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley
    The O.W.C. Black Book with .NET
    www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon
    Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/blogs/alvin

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Sep 3, 2006

  3. Hi Alvin,

    I did the uninstall and reboot and install before posting this question here
    , the uninstall and reinstall didn't help..

    Based on your suggestion, I looked in the application error log:
    This might be the issue:The server was unable to logon the Windows NT
    account 'IUSR_MachineName' due to the following error:
    Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at
    this computer. The data is the error code.

    I checked the user accounts for groups: 'IUSR_MachineName' is in Users
    group. Do I need to add this to any other group like administrators etc ?

    Thanks for your help!!

    Rekha

    =?Utf-8?B?UmVraGE=?=, Sep 5, 2006
  4. I'm also receiving the same error after an initial install of VS2005 in a NEW
    machine. Any clues?

    =?Utf-8?B?Um95?=, Oct 16, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UmVraGE=?=

    Daniel Yafac Guest

    Speak spanish???... my msn: ,

    In IIS, go to WebSite Properties, in tab DIRECTORY SECURITY in
    AUTEHNTUCATION AND ACCESS CONTROL , click in EDIT, sure checkbox INTEGRATED
    WINDOWS AUTHENTICATION is ENABLED.....

    Good Luck!

    Daniel Yafac

    Daniel Yafac, Oct 16, 2006