    When I change the ASP configuration to point to the
    c:\windows\SysWOW64\asp.dll then I get Page Not Found error.

    All I want is to run my legacy ASP pages on this box.

    BuddyWork, Oct 19, 2007

  2. BuddyWork wrote:
    > I have old ASP pages that runs on Windows 2003 Server 32 Bit.
    >
    > I now am trying to run them on Windows 2003 Server 64 bit. I get the
    > error HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error

    Show us the real error:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

    > IIS is setup for 32 bit
    >
    > In the web service extension for Active Server Pages I've allowed it.
    >
    > When I change the ASP configuration to point to the
    > c:\windows\SysWOW64\asp.dll then I get Page Not Found error.

    I have never had to do anything directly with asp.dll - is this just
    something you are trying to make it work?

    > All I want is to run my legacy ASP pages on this box.

    The only reasons I know for being unable to run asp files is covered in
    this article:
    http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/why-won-t-my-asp-pages-work-in-iis-6-0.html

    If none of the above helps, you should probably post this to the IIS
    group.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 19, 2007

  3. BuddyWork

    BuddyWork Guest

    Thanks for the response, please note that is the real error. I have unchecked
    'Show friendly HTTP error messages'. That was my first root for
    troubleshooting.

    BuddyWork, Oct 19, 2007