Cant connect to webservice

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Roland Wolters, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    My app uses a webservice to get data from the database. The webservice
    itself is already placed on the production webserver, and connecting
    with my develop machine over the internet it works fine. The webservice
    uses wse2 very basic authentication by simply sending a username token
    in this way:

    SlimDossier=new proxy.SlimDossierWse();
    SoapContext requestContext = SlimDossier.RequestSoapContext;
    UsernameToken userToken=new UsernameToken(UserName, Password,
    PasswordOption.SendPlainText);
    requestContext.Security.Tokens.Add(userToken);

    after that I call a simple method to trigger authentication check.

    Again: this works fine on my develop machine.

    On the production machine (Win2003 TerminalServer) however I get this
    error: WSE032: There was an error loading the microsoft.web.services2
    configuration section

    This is the config section:

    <configSections>
    <section name="microsoft.web.services2"
    type="Microsoft.Web.Services2.Configuration.WebServicesConfiguration,
    Microsoft.Web.Services2, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
    </configSections>

    Or maybe this section:

    <microsoft.web.services2>
    <diagnostics />
    </microsoft.web.services2>

    The same WSE is installed (SP1) on this machine. I gave the app "full
    trust".

    What am I missing here?

    Greetings,

    Roland
    --
    ---
    Roland Wolters

    Roland Wolters, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Roland Wolters

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi Roland,

    How was the web service implementation copied over to the non-development
    web server? The easiest way to get it "all" over is to use the Publish
    feature from the file menu when your web service solution is loaded. This
    will copy the config file, the aspx, the bin, and any dependent DLL's from
    the project directory. It is possible the config is in the wrong place,
    has improper permissions, etc - but it's hard to tell. There may also be
    WSE 2.0 config information in the system level config files - so make sure
    that WSE was installed in the same way, by an administrator, on both
    machines.

    I hope this helps,

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    >Subject: Cant connect to webservice
    >From: Roland Wolters <>
    B:I)XO*%_|\]|YW$C>>$Q[9-#K~c$tQ^Mf0,wMo?h\C)TE>f

    Dan Rogers, Nov 15, 2004