Cant connect to webservice

Roland Wolters

Hi,

My app uses a webservice to get data from the database. The webservice
itself is already placed on the production webserver, and connecting
with my develop machine over the internet it works fine. The webservice
uses wse2 very basic authentication by simply sending a username token
in this way:

SlimDossier=new proxy.SlimDossierWse();
SoapContext requestContext = SlimDossier.RequestSoapContext;
UsernameToken userToken=new UsernameToken(UserName, Password,
PasswordOption.SendPlainText);
requestContext.Security.Tokens.Add(userToken);

after that I call a simple method to trigger authentication check.

Again: this works fine on my develop machine.

On the production machine (Win2003 TerminalServer) however I get this
error: WSE032: There was an error loading the microsoft.web.services2
configuration section

This is the config section:

<configSections>
<section name="microsoft.web.services2"
type="Microsoft.Web.Services2.Configuration.WebServicesConfiguration,
Microsoft.Web.Services2, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
</configSections>

Or maybe this section:

<microsoft.web.services2>
<diagnostics />
</microsoft.web.services2>

The same WSE is installed (SP1) on this machine. I gave the app "full
trust".

What am I missing here?

Greetings,

Roland

Dan Rogers

Hi Roland,

How was the web service implementation copied over to the non-development
web server? The easiest way to get it "all" over is to use the Publish
feature from the file menu when your web service solution is loaded. This
will copy the config file, the aspx, the bin, and any dependent DLL's from
the project directory. It is possible the config is in the wrong place,
has improper permissions, etc - but it's hard to tell. There may also be
WSE 2.0 config information in the system level config files - so make sure
that WSE was installed in the same way, by an administrator, on both
machines.

I hope this helps,

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation