    directory in the Internet Information Server."

    I went Control Panel - Admin Tools - Internet Information Services but
    there is no sign of webctrl_client. IIS seems to be running OK.
    Viking Man, Jul 10, 2006

  2. Are you trying to get the version that is used for Content Management
    Server? If not, you might try the version of the web controls at:
    http://www.asp.net/IEWebControls/Download.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1

    If I remember correctly, this is actually the full source version (which
    includes a batch file for compilation). You'll need to copy the
    webctrl_client directory under the wwwroot (or create a virtual directory to
    the files) in order for the controls to run properly.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    "Viking Man" <> wrote in message
    I try to install iewebcontrols.msi on my XP Pofessional system, which I
    downloaded from here
    (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...0c-8ad6-4bca-8860-8a6ae3f64448&DisplayLang=en)

    I go through accepting the licence and get an error:
    "The specified path http://latitude/webctrl_client is unavailable. The
    Internet Information Server might not be running or the path exists and is
    redirected to another machine. Please check the status of this virtual

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Jul 11, 2006

  3. Viking Man

    Viking Man Guest

    On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 00:01:22 +0100, Mark Fitzpatrick <>
    wrote:

    > Are you trying to get the version that is used for Content Management
    > Server? If not, you might try the version of the web controls at:
    > http://www.asp.net/IEWebControls/Download.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1
    >
    > If I remember correctly, this is actually the full source version
    > (which
    > includes a batch file for compilation). You'll need to copy the
    > webctrl_client directory under the wwwroot (or create a virtual
    > directory to
    > the files) in order for the controls to run properly.

    Thanks Mark. Yes unfortunately I am trying to install CMS, and the IE
    Webcontrols are a pre-requisite. That's why I used the .MSI version
    rather than the version you suggested.
    Viking Man, Jul 11, 2006