CDO - send to queue? code example...

jason

Could someone point me to some specificic code which illustrates how to
leveraget the [Send to Queue] feature of CDO.....I have looked at
www.aspfaq.com but there does not seem to be a SPECIFIC code example on this
subject....

I am aslo still unclear as to whether ASPemail from Persits is a better
choice than CDO when sending bulkemail below 800?

Many thanks
Jason

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Could someone point me to some specificic code which illustrates how to
leveraget the [Send to Queue] feature of CDO...

If I understand correctly, if you use the local pickup folder as opposed to
an explicit SMTP host, that is a queue (use cdoSendUsingPickup instead of
cdoSendUsingPort). It drops the messages in the pickup folder, and the
script does not wait for their delivery. The SMTP service comes in and
picks them up on its own schedule; a queue will build up if you are putting
them in there faster than the service can ship them out, but your script
will not wait for this.

Maybe you could point to a less vague description of what you are trying to
accomplish with this special "Send to Queue" feature? Is this "feature" of
CDO described anywhere?
I am aslo still unclear as to whether ASPemail from Persits is a better
choice than CDO when sending bulkemail below 800?

Personally, I think Persits is better; however, my criteria for "better"
might be different from yours... for subjective questions like this, *YOU*
test them both, and then *YOU* can decide for yourself which is better (and
whether that means faster, or less resource intensive, or accurate, or fails
gracefully on bad messages, or ... ).