cdo transport error

MadeOfRose

Hi all

i was using cdo object for sending email to a customers.
when use win2000 server or windows xp my script works correctly.
but not on win2003 server r2.

Different thing on my script is i use external smtp server to send my
emails.
for example, i dont use the iis' virtual smtp server. i assign an
another smtp server
like smtp.example.com

what is the different between environments..

thank you

Mike Brind

MadeOfRose said:
Hi all

i was using cdo object for sending email to a customers.
when use win2000 server or windows xp my script works correctly.
but not on win2003 server r2.

Different thing on my script is i use external smtp server to send my
emails.
for example, i dont use the iis' virtual smtp server. i assign an
another smtp server
like smtp.example.com

what is the different between environments..

thank you

It's always a good idea to show the code you are using (just the
relevant parts), details of the error message you are getting, and
highlight the specific line that throws the error.

MadeOfRose

Const cdoSendUsingPickup = 1
Const cdoSendUsingPort = 2
Const cdoAnonymous = 0
' Use basic (clear-text) authentication.
Const cdoBasic = 1
' Use NTLM authentication
Const cdoNTLM = 2 'NTLM

' Create the message object.
Set objMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
'Set the from address this would be your email address.
objMessage.From = """Mehmet gUlden""<[email protected]>"
' Set the TO Address separate multiple address with a comma
objMessage.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
' Set the Subject.
objMessage.Subject = "An Email From Active Call Center."
' Now for the Message Options Part.
' Use standared text for the body.
objMessage.TextBody = _
"This is some sample message text.." & _
vbCRLF & _
"It was sent using SMTP authentication."

' Or you could use HTML as:
' objMessage.HTMLBody = strHTML

' ATTACHMENT : Add an attachment Can be any valid url
'objMessage.AddAttachment("file://C:\Program Files\Active Call
Center\Examples\Goodbye.wav")

' This section provides the configuration information for the SMTP
server.
' Specifie the method used to send messages.
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item _
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = _
cdoSendUsingPort

' The name (DNS) or IP address of the machine
' hosting the SMTP service through which
' messages are to be sent.
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item _
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = _
"mail.server.com" ' Or "mail.server.com"

' Specify the authentication mechanism
' to use.
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item _
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = _
cdoBasic

' The username for authenticating to an SMTP server using basic
(clear-text) authentication
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item _
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = _
"username"

' The password used to authenticate
' to an SMTP server using authentication
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item _
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = _
"password"

' The port on which the SMTP service
' specified by the smtpserver field is
' listening for connections (typically 25)
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item _
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = _
25

'Use SSL for the connection (False or True)
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item _
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = _
False

' Set the number of seconds to wait for a valid socket to be
established with the SMTP service before timing out.
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Item _
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpconnectiontimeout")
= _
60

' Update configuration
objMessage.Configuration.Fields.Update

' Use to show the message.
' MsgBox objMessage.GetStream.ReadText

' Send the message.
objMessage.Send

these script gives an transport error when objMessage.Send executed.
this script works well on XP.Does not working for external mail server
(mail.server.com)
on win2003 r2 server

any help will be great

thank you

Kyle Peterson

all that error usually means is whatever email server settings and method
you are trying to use is not valid from where you are trying the code at

it could be anything from not being able to see the server over the network
to invalid information, spleeing errors, smtp authentication issues... etc
etc

MadeOfRose

Thanks kyle

i found the why this problem occur.I was using isa firewall client on
2003 server.
when i connect to the internet directly i dont get the problem.

the interesting part is my winxp had the same configuration with 2003
server.
this is has to be win2003 specific error when you use isa firewall
client.