cdosys.dll problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by ram, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. ram

    ram Guest

    Hi,
    I had my ASP .NET application in my windows 2000 Server
    and IIS5. It had been working fine for 9 months. Because
    of virus threatening of last week, I had to run "Windows
    Update" in the server. My system administrator told me to
    change the user that I had been using in "ProcessModel"
    tag of machine.config. Now I am using a user in the
    machine.config which has administrative right.

    But When I run the ASP .NET application and try to send
    an email, I got error message as:

    Could not create 'CDO.Message' object.

    I checked C:\WinNT\System32 and C:\WinNT\Microsoft.NET
    folders, the user has read/write/execute permissons.

    I unregistered cdosys.dll. When I tried to register it
    again I got error message as:

    DllRegisterServer in cdosys.dll failed.
    Return code was 0x800704da

    How can I register this dll again?